Hi all,

as the 3.4.0 release is coming very soon I just opened Litmus again this
morning and was a bit shocked that there is more or less nothing in
there.

Although there is some text about Litmus on
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA nobody seems to use it yet.

So some questions,

a) who is testing the RCs? Some work seems still to be done in the wiki
[1],[2], although the amount of testers is pretty low.

b) what are we doing with Litmus? Weeks and months pass by and the whole
relase QA process looks like it is getting no momentum at all as opposed
to most of the other parts in the LO community.

My suggestion is bring Litmus to front. Even if it has some flaws and
tests for just some parts and languages of the product open and announce
it publicly and use it as the only tool to get content in it asap. If
people create an account and see that there is really work going on in
this tool they will stay and contribute more likely than at the moment.

I could live without an release QA process as described in the wiki,
dump Litmus and just work with the time based releases and blocker bugs
in bugzilla as the release criteria. But one way or the other there
needs to be some direction and decissions.

Michael

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Manual_Tests
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Manual_Tests/3.4.0/de