Hi Klaus-Jürgen, *

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol schrieb:
Hi Bernhard,
I overlooked your first email from 9th of May, sorry.
Here some thoughts about your last mail.

Am 14.05.2011 23:36, schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
Hi all,

as neither the international nor any local marketing team seems to
prefer any of my proposals, I'm going to request the website team to
create the structure for the third proposal.

It seems to be the most natural and easiest to remember approach for our
users - and Christian's comment shows, that it fits better with
Silverstripe's way of handling translations:

Bernhard Dippold schrieb:
[...]

Now we should have a more generic URL for donations, and I propose

http://donate.documentfoundation.org

[...]

If we try to ease the access to this page for localized users, a third
possibility comes to my mind:

http://<translation for donate>.documentfoundation.org
e.g.
German: http://spenden.documentfoundation.org
French: http://donner.documentfoundation.org
Spanish: http://donar.documentfoundation.org
Italian: http://donare.documentfoundation.org

This would be the shortest version without the necessity for sub-pages.
[...]

I like it but:

How will the translations of the whole TDF-pages
www.documentfoundation.org be organized?

I think they will be: local.documentfoundation.org
And the subsites (if we have some) will be:
local.documentfoundation.org/subsite

Then the donation page should follow this system:
de.documentfoundation.org/spenden
fr.documentfoundation.org/donner

This would have been my proposal B) 2:
<http://go.mail-archive.com/yE7eGa6cGP-fe--7ypERJ2nTPtU=>

But Christian already told us in the parallel world (marketing list), that this structure would not allow to change the language of a page easily:
<http://go.mail-archive.com/0yTRVDQQhHrZnDklHrpOvCuj-Us=>

SilverStripe manages translations only if they are in the same folder (hierarchical structure element).

All webpages(1) in our system work on this way

If I'm not mistaken, this system has been chosen for the LibreOffice site, because direct translation of the pages needed to have author rights on the main site.

Below the main lang page every content is only valid for this lang site and no longer directly related to any translated page.

So your propose above will be a break in the system.

If I didn't misunderstood Christian, my proposal would be the only way to use SilverStripe's alternative languages feature.

Best regards

Bernhard