Where do I upload files?

Hello guys.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'd really appreciate if someone could
tell me where do I upload the ISO files for DVDs and smaller ones for other
purposes.

I'm trying to upload some files to (small ones) to
brasil.libreofficebox.orgbut, no matter what I try, I always receive
an error message saying there's
an I/O problem. I have no idea of what's going on.

Someone, please help.

Thanks and Rgds

Hi Paolo, *

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'd really appreciate if someone could
tell me where do I upload the ISO files for DVDs

Easiest you provide a link where we could fetch them from another
server, are they online somewhere?

and smaller ones for other
purposes.

Silverstripe

I'm trying to upload some files to (small ones) to
brasil.libreofficebox.org but, no matter what I try, I always receive
an error message saying there's
an I/O problem. I have no idea of what's going on.

Looks like a flashplayer/uploadify issue...

Christian found the right track today
http://www.uploadify.com/forums/discussion/comment/3089/#Comment_3089
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/fdc7b5c.html

Means, as long as we wait to get our SSL certificate the flash uploader
will stay disabled, standard upload works again, one file at a time.
In case you have lots you might as well tar.gz them and we could fetch
them by wget like the isos.

Cheers
Erich

Hi Paolo, *

Hi Erich.

Thanks for replying

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'd really appreciate if someone
could
> tell me where do I upload the ISO files for DVDs

Easiest you provide a link where we could fetch them from another
server, are they online somewhere?

Hummm. Unfortunately I don't have a server to put those large files in... =(
I was wondering we could host those files somewhere in TDF structure, just
like the install packages are. =/

> and smaller ones for other
> purposes.

Silverstripe

Yeap! I do think so =) But what exactly are "smaller ones"? What's the
limit?

> I'm trying to upload some files to (small ones) to
> brasil.libreofficebox.org but, no matter what I try, I always receive
> an error message saying there's
> an I/O problem. I have no idea of what's going on.

Looks like a flashplayer/uploadify issue...

Christian found the right track today
http://www.uploadify.com/forums/discussion/comment/3089/#Comment_3089
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/fdc7b5c.html

Means, as long as we wait to get our SSL certificate the flash uploader
will stay disabled, standard upload works again, one file at a time.
In case you have lots you might as well tar.gz them and we could fetch
them by wget like the isos.

Ok. I'm gonna try it again. Many thanks.

Cheers
Erich

Cheers.

Hi Paolo,

tell me where do I upload the ISO files for DVDs

Easiest you provide a link where we could fetch them from another
server, are they online somewhere?

Hummm. Unfortunately I don't have a server to put those large files in... =(
I was wondering we could host those files somewhere in TDF structure, just
like the install packages are. =/

Yepp sure, at time there is no public upload so I'll send you a ftp link
to upload your files and I'll fetch them from there - no problem.

and smaller ones for other
purposes.

Silverstripe

Yeap! I do think so =) But what exactly are "smaller ones"? What's the
limit?

php.ini is set to 32M max_upload_filesize

For really bigger files just use the ftp connection and tell me where to
place them.
All installers, lang- and helppacks are on the same server with our
Silverstripe install, no need to upload anything of this kind.

Cheers
Erich

Hi,

extensions - templates - extras?

Sorry, if this was covered already on a ML, if so I missed it.

Then of course I wonder if teams are ok with a common set of directory
names - meaning English I guess - or if they will prefer, likely I
suppose, for native language specific names.

I have no idea if (how, as I would guess it does) SilverStripe would
handle this if the requirement is stated as : a common physical
directory mapped to different labels for native language. I'm guessing
this has been thought about, as I say, just didn't see it mentioned.

So - Where is the thoughts on how is this going work?

Thanks much,

Drew

I was thinking about ISO files for DVDs, only, but your question opens a
range of possibilities.

Cheers

To extend that thought:
Would there be a common folder for English, Spanish, French, etc., language extensions, templates, sample files, artwork, and such files. The North American Community DVD have over 500 MB of them, plus the documentation, the extras, and such, to bring the total to about 1.3 GB of files. This is just the English versions of these. It would be nice to have all these in some common folder system on the SilverStripe server for all the "project versions" to have access to them. Then, when the other languages get their own versions of these documents, sample files, templates, etc., etc., "we all" can have access to them for "our" projects.

Hi drew, *,

drew schrieb:

[.. Silverstripe upload ..]

php.ini is set to 32M max_upload_filesize

[..]

extensions - templates - extras?

In general the idea is to download everything available in the www to
the server directly using wget, rsync, scp whatever.

This way it will be easier to keep contents unique, thus easy to
maintain and available for all.

Sorry, if this was covered already on a ML, if so I missed it.

Then of course I wonder if teams are ok with a common set of directory
names - meaning English I guess - or if they will prefer, likely I
suppose, for native language specific names.

I have no idea if (how, as I would guess it does) SilverStripe would
handle this if the requirement is stated as : a common physical
directory mapped to different labels for native language. I'm guessing
this has been thought about, as I say, just didn't see it mentioned.

Kind of this already is in place in the files section on Silverstripe.
It's quite basic for the moment and might be adapted at the needs/wishes
while working.

Do You have access to libreofficebox CMS already? I'd recommend to get
it, because browsing around may answer basic quesions like the ones
above without telling long stories.

So - Where is the thoughts on how is this going work?

Starting point is close to what You propose.

Gruß/regards

Hi Paulo, *,

Paulo de Souza Lima schrieb:

[.. Big uploads ..]

I was thinking about ISO files for DVDs, only,

You thought about authoring them on Your home machine?

but your question opens a range of possibilities.

We're prepaired to author the images contents by CMS, which makes it
easy to do so publicly and with more than one person involved :o)).

Gruß/regards