On 03/30/2011 10:42 AM, Tim Lungstrom wrote:

Drew, Jeff, and company;

Is there any more templates, extensions, and other content needing to be
removed from the NA Community DVD?.  I would like to finish this DVD
project off so I can start handing "non-test" DVDs to the local IT
people on my distribution list.  I have about 20 or 30
people/businesses/organizations that I have told about LibreOffice and
promised to hand over a copy of the DVD when it was ready.

How much more needs to be done?

I hope we can call it "locked" soon since I have already updated it from
3.3.0 to 3.3.1, to 3.3.2, and do not want to wait for 3.3.3 or 3.4 for
this initial DVD offering from the North American Community DVD.

Last word I had was the Calendar archive work, and you guys going to
look at the Label archive.  I have done some of that myself while I was
waiting.  So please let me know soon what is still needed to be done on
the Windows/Linux/Mac DVD.  Then when it is done, we can do the finish
work for the HTML files to make it the smaller Windows-Only version that
was being talked about for the next ISO for people to be able to be
downloaded.

I just burned a snapshot of the Windows/Linux/Mac DVD and it is 3.3 GB.

So is it finished, or are you done working on this part of the project
in favor for working on the SilverStripe server version?

I think Drew still has some things he wants to look at. I've started
learning SS using the English/ directory as a starting point. None of
the work so far is final. It's a learning exercise as well as a question
generation exercise. We're going to have to be careful moving content to
SS so that we do not duplicate content, as well as correctly integrating
into the current SS directory structure.

My understanding was we would get this DVD finished, and then deal with
the SilverStripe server and deal with the "branding" issues.

As I've indicated several times, there's no need to wait. I've already
started learning the SS environment, as well as exploring the mapping
issues we'll face moving to that environment. For example, you can see
on another thread that the LibreOfficeBox team are going to provide the
some files that are already on our dvd.

Then once
this DVD is "locked" we were going to hand it off to the people who
volunteered to do the translations for the French and Spanish versions.

My suggestion is that work would be done using SS. It's designed to
handle multiple languages.

You mentioned on another thread some concerns about the use of
"English/index.html" as the entry point.  I'll go back and re-read that
email. You can always reply on this thread, but please be concise.

Cheers,
jec