Yes, I understand that the project exists in the sense you describe.
What I'm really asking is, doesn't the BrOffice project already provide
the function you're describing:
download the necessary packages (about 250MB, or less) and install them
and/or built a DVD specific for that user.

Ok. Sorry.

In other words, is there already a website that has a browsable
repository of LibO files?

The repository we use is the one provided by TDF at
http://pt-br.libreoffice.org/baixe-ja/

Regards,
jec

--