Any more templates or stuff needed to be removed from NA DVD?

Drew, Jeff, and company;

Is there any more templates, extensions, and other content needing to be removed from the NA Community DVD?. I would like to finish this DVD project off so I can start handing "non-test" DVDs to the local IT people on my distribution list. I have about 20 or 30 people/businesses/organizations that I have told about LibreOffice and promised to hand over a copy of the DVD when it was ready.

How much more needs to be done?

I hope we can call it "locked" soon since I have already updated it from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1, to 3.3.2, and do not want to wait for 3.3.3 or 3.4 for this initial DVD offering from the North American Community DVD.

Last word I had was the Calendar archive work, and you guys going to look at the Label archive. I have done some of that myself while I was waiting. So please let me know soon what is still needed to be done on the Windows/Linux/Mac DVD. Then when it is done, we can do the finish work for the HTML files to make it the smaller Windows-Only version that was being talked about for the next ISO for people to be able to be downloaded.

I just burned a snapshot of the Windows/Linux/Mac DVD and it is 3.3 GB.

So is it finished, or are you done working on this part of the project in favor for working on the SilverStripe server version?

My understanding was we would get this DVD finished, and then deal with the SilverStripe server and deal with the "branding" issues. Then once this DVD is "locked" we were going to hand it off to the people who volunteered to do the translations for the French and Spanish versions. Since Marc is not going to be able to help out with the French version till about 4 weeks after the work has been done on his back, I think the Spanish version will be the first one to be completed from the initial English version. Sophie stated to Marc she might be able to help out with the French version, but I do not think she would want to be the only one working on that version for us.

Hi Tim

Just a quick note - I'm sorry for being missing in action the last few
days but I really needed to concentrate on a couple of other projects -
one ended with the DFD presentation earlier today.

But i really need to review this (and the other emails on this list)
before commenting so it will be later this evening - just to give you a
heads up on timing.

Thanks to both you and Jeff for all of the effort.

Drew

[...]

I think Drew still has some things he wants to look at. I've started
learning SS using the English/ directory as a starting point. None of
the work so far is final. It's a learning exercise as well as a question
generation exercise. We're going to have to be careful moving content to
SS so that we do not duplicate content, as well as correctly integrating
into the current SS directory structure.

My understanding was we would get this DVD finished, and then deal with
the SilverStripe server and deal with the "branding" issues.

As I've indicated several times, there's no need to wait. I've already
started learning the SS environment, as well as exploring the mapping
issues we'll face moving to that environment. For example, you can see
on another thread that the LibreOfficeBox team are going to provide the
some files that are already on our dvd.

Then once
this DVD is "locked" we were going to hand it off to the people who
volunteered to do the translations for the French and Spanish versions.

My suggestion is that work would be done using SS. It's designed to
handle multiple languages.

You mentioned on another thread some concerns about the use of
"English/index.html" as the entry point. I'll go back and re-read that
email. You can always reply on this thread, but please be concise.

Cheers,
jec

I don't need to review for this comment -

Using the projects list for infrastructure questions is appropriate,
naturally. However for content questions the US mailing list is IMO the
only acceptable option, at this point.

Best wishes,

Drew

Hi Tim,

A quick note - I'm down to the last file, ~100 templates. Have NOT
updated the shared spreadsheet yet (only my local copy), but should have
both finished today.

As soon as I do I'll let you (and the ML) know with a post, that will be
today.

Thanks

Drew