Hi Jeff, *

Am 30.03.2011 02:20, schrieb Jeff Chimene:
On 03/29/2011 12:17 AM, Erich Christian wrote:
The active theme used for your dvd is 'tdf' taken from the main site and
just slightly modified:
https://github.com/tdf/cms-themes/tree/master/tdf

   1. That github reference doesn't look like where we should start
      (it's too low-level). It's clear thet the NA-DVD project started
      with the tdf theme by the simple expedient of copy/paste.
      Therefor, that's the theme I'm working with. Nevertheless, I think
      we'll want to remove the header text: "The Document Foundation"
      and replace it with: "North American Community DVD - English
      version" That text is currently on the right side of the screen.
      It seems this is necessary as the DVD is not from TDF. How to do this?

You just have to change the logo to the one without text (used on your
site) and set the 'website name' as mentioned NA DVD... positioned by css.
Anyways to work on 'your' theme in the future it is necessary to create
a folder containing the (modified) files from git and renamed to e.g.
'natheme' or whatever and upload this to the server for futher use.

   2. I see the following language packs in the /installer/ folder: de,
      es, fr, it. We're also including these locales/languages: en-GB,
      en-US, he, pt-BR, pt.
      What's the recommended way to link to these language packs?

Friedrich is just reorganizing the folder structure, so the available
langpacks etc. will be accessible for all subsites, give us a little
more time for this.
The link is set by clicking on the link symbol, choosing 'download file'
in the right panel and then choosing the pack from the folder/files list
displayed - insert link - save - done.
For this kind of basics pls check out the Silverstripe 'Help' tab.

Have to run, cu later

cheers
Erich