libreofficebox teams and subsites

Hi Webmaster for Lungstrom.com, *,

Webmaster for Lungstrom.com schrieb:

<snip>

I do not know about "you" but it takes over 15 minutes to generate a
4 GB DVD on a dual core 2GHz Vista machine.

Our 2.8G ISO needs 3m 55s included creating md5sum so I assume the
software You use isn't very effective.

Our last ISO was about 4.4 GB in size and over 1,000 files. Well I used Roxio, a paid DVD burner that came with the DELL computers. I use Brasero on my Ubuntu desktop, but for some reason it wants to make all the filename in "uppercase" letters. That messes up the links and will not allow the CSS formats to be seem or open the PDF files via the browser, and much much more problems. SO, I went with the "Vista" Laptop and the Roxio software.
<snip>

Hi Tim, *,

Webmaster for Lungstrom.com schrieb:

Webmaster for Lungstrom.com schrieb:

<snip>

I do not know about "you" but it takes over 15 minutes to generate
a 4 GB DVD on a dual core 2GHz Vista machine.

Our 2.8G ISO needs 3m 55s included creating md5sum so I assume the
software You use isn't very effective.

Our last ISO was about 4.4 GB in size and over 1,000 files. Well I
used Roxio, a paid DVD burner that came with the DELL computers. I
use Brasero on my Ubuntu desktop, but for some reason it wants to make
all the filename in "uppercase" letters.

Then You have to check preferences. Joliet and Rock Ridge are Your
friends - don't know how to configure in Brasero..

[..]

Gruß/regards

Hi drew, *,

drew schrieb:

[..]

No. This enables authoring Your DVD in Silverstripe and have the
contents extracted to static html after that, which is required for
building the ISO.

Howdy,
First - the work on the SilverStripe tooling is very much appreciated.
For myself, I would really like to see us, the folks that have
contributed so far to this NA DVD project, make use of the
infrastructure going forward. There are many benefits to doing so, in
my opinion.

Can confirm Your assumption by experience ;o)).

My concern has been with the current state of the assembled files. By
which I mean that we have been going over all the files assembled with
an eye to licenses and fitness for redistribution. ( Jeff C. has put a
lot of effort into this due diligence step) In doing so a number of
problem files were flagged and removed.

Much of this work was already done by us focussed on german language
part but not exclusively. I optimistically look forward bringing
together these efforts.

Currently there is a large number of templates that are being
reviewed, it's only a matter of days before this is finished.

As well in this area we've already done much work.

The fact that your last "beta" DVD was about 2.7 GB in size, and our NA DVD is currently about 4 GB in size shows that we have a lot more content to go over. Also at least one of your "artwork" .oxt files [Floral-Studio] seemed to have image content. I even looked to see if I could get an up-to-date one for that file, but still seemed to have problems with it. There were other .oxt files we found on our original list that either were "blank" or has issues and had to be removed from our DVD. Many of the ones that were found on the OOo site seemed not to state that they can be used in a personal document but not in a business one. So if we included them in our DVD and there were issues. . . . Other .oxt files loaded items where some could be used for business while others can not. The only way to find this information on the per item basis was to unarchived the file and read the license file[s] contained there. How many people know that there are license files "hidden" in some the .oxt files? I did not till was told.
I never thought to look at the .oxt files as archived ones.

Until that is finished I would not be
comfortable pushing these files up to the community server. That is my
primary concern, giving any pause, at th moment.

No hurry from our side. It's an offer not limited by any ultimatum. ;o))

Our only hurry is we want to get this DVD out to the "public" as soon as we can, but there are still a few edits needed to be done. One thing we found was the "Top" link in the footer of the pages taken directly from the original German 3.3.0 pages had issues on where the link went to. Some worked and some did not. Some even pointed to places that it should not have been. So I made sure they all worked. Some of the issues must have came from the modifications I did, but some did not. I checked the original files that I still have on backup and a few did not work in the original German DVD.

At that point I'd like to see us generate an ISO that would be viewed
as a beta for the disc image, for people to review. That also would
be, in my opinion, a good spot to actually start the work of moving
over to the community based server.

Just rise hands if You are prepared. Maybe response time lasts a bit -
we are all at the limit these days.

"Raise our Hands"? well we will be ready as soon as we get our work done on this part of the project so the French and Spanish translation teams can start their work. Then we can start a new process or whatever we want to after that, including dealing with your server system.

Hi Tim, *,

<snip>

Our last ISO was about 4.4 GB in size and over 1,000 files. Well I
used Roxio, a paid DVD burner that came with the DELL computers. I
use Brasero on my Ubuntu desktop, but for some reason it wants to make
all the filename in "uppercase" letters.

Then You have to check preferences. Joliet and Rock Ridge are Your
friends - don't know how to configure in Brasero..

These are "types" of files system preferences for the way you "make the files and folders look like". I do not know the correct words to describe what I mean. I have seen Joliet before and I believe I use it.

I have to start wit the "Should files be renamed to be fully Windows-compatible?" which actually truncate the file names. I do not choose that option. It seems to truncate to smaller than the 64 letters that is stated in the dialog box. Then there is a different dialog about something that seems to ask if I want to split the folders into 7 different parent folders. I always say no, since I want the original format. After that there seems to be no preference options.

If you know of a much better Ubuntu DVD burner, let me know.

Hi Tim,

That is true for the size of the first iso generated. However the last
download from the libreoffice-na.us server was:

828 files
3.6 Gig

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing referenced from
the html files that is not included in that set of files.

There has been at leas two files removed since and a few to go, which
looks like will trim another 100 meg or so from the set.

Thanks

Drew

-----
Document Foundation Mail Archives

Hi Tim,

That is true for the size of the first iso generated. However the last
download from the libreoffice-na.us server was:

828 files
3.6 Gig

Yes, and the first DVD figures was what I gave, since I did not have time figures for the current size of the DVD.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing referenced from
the html files that is not included in that set of files.

There has been at leas two files removed since and a few to go, which
looks like will trim another 100 meg or so from the set.

Thanks

Drew

What I really could use is a better DVD burning software than Brasero. The laptop is slower than the desktop, being the Vista is 32-bit where Ubuntu is 64-bit and the CPU of the Laptop is a "slower" one than the desktop has.

So for now, to keep the problems with the way Brasero is re-naming the files and folders to upper-case letters, I will be using the Vista Laptop's Roxio software. But I hope to be given the name[s] of better software for Ubuntu.

Þann mán 21.mar 2011 16:07, skrifaði Webmaster for Lungstrom.com:

So for now, to keep the problems with the way Brasero is
re-naming the files and folders to upper-case letters, I
will be using the Vista Laptop's Roxio software. But I hope
to be given the name[s] of better software for Ubuntu.

K3b is more of a full grown burning tool - almost everything is configurable, including long-names and such.

Works fine in *buntu, easy to use. But it pulls in some KDE packages (there are people who dont like that).

Best regards

Sveinn í Felli

Currently It is estimated to take 16 minutes to burn the DVD from the files list I have

3.3 gig and 929 files - including everything but the DVD archive folder.

I run GNOME for the desktop, but have KDE files on my system since there are some tools on KDE I like to use that do not have GNOME versions.

Will look into K3b.
Thanks

Hi Jeff, Tim, *

So the "domain name" is always a good place [URL] to start with.

Jeff mentioned that he is up to start a site on our server, so let me
have your suggestion for a desireable subdomain. I'll set up the
subsites then and you can start getting familiar with Silverstripe.

I am for "north-america." since we are dealing with English first, then
French and Spanish languages. So we cannot use EN, ES, or FR. NA is
used somewhere for a language, as far as I know. So using a two letter
combination will be out.
So if we can have a longer sub-domain, I would approve.

Subdomain is set up and Siverstripe prepared for the dvd ui in the first
place, so you may register your account(s) at
http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/ (Anmelden)
and drop a note here.

Cheers
Erich

HI Erich:

regstered as jchimene

Cheers,
jec

Hi Jeff,

Subdomain is set up and Siverstripe prepared for the dvd ui in the first
place, so you may register your account(s) at
http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/ (Anmelden)
and drop a note here.

regstered as jchimene

Login at https://north-america.libreofficebox.org/admin/
subsite admin permissions granted.

Go for the Help tab for basic infos on the use of silverstripe.

Cheers
Erich

Got it. Thank-you for your support!

Cheers,
jec

BTW, it's working fine in Firefox 4

Hi Erich,

Reegistered as Stan.

May i have access to the fr subsite ?

Cheers
Stan
- --

Hi Stanislas,

Subdomain is set up and Siverstripe prepared for the dvd ui in the first
place, so you may register your account(s) at
http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/ (Anmelden)
and drop a note here.

Reegistered as Stan.
May i have access to the fr subsite ?

I saw your registration and did it already :slight_smile:
https://fr.libreofficebox.org/admin/

cheers
Erich

Will there be more than one Admin account? I know that Drew and myself will be a part of this system, but we have stated that we want to get our current project ready before we start working on the next one.

Hi guys.

After a long time debating, Brazilian Community has decided to use the URL
http://brasil.libreofficebox.org (note it's brasil with an "s", ok?). Is it
possible to configure it?

I am registered at http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/ as Paulo.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers.

Hi Paolo,

After a long time debating, Brazilian Community has decided to use the URL
http://brasil.libreofficebox.org (note it's brasil with an "s", ok?). Is it
possible to configure it?

http://brasil.libreofficebox.org/ 'Brasil-Website'
http://dvd.brasil.libreofficebox.org/ 'Brasil-DVD'