On 03/21/2011 09:35 AM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
Hi Tim, *,
<snip>
Our last ISO was about 4.4 GB in size and over 1,000 files.  Well I
used Roxio, a paid DVD burner that came with the DELL computers. I
use Brasero on my Ubuntu desktop, but for some reason it wants to make
all the filename  in "uppercase" letters.
Then You have to check preferences. Joliet and Rock Ridge are Your
friends - don't know how to configure in Brasero..

These are "types" of files system preferences for the way you "make the files and folders look like". I do not know the correct words to describe what I mean. I have seen Joliet before and I believe I use it.

I have to start wit the "Should files be renamed to be fully Windows-compatible?" which actually truncate the file names. I do not choose that option. It seems to truncate to smaller than the 64 letters that is stated in the dialog box. Then there is a different dialog about something that seems to ask if I want to split the folders into 7 different parent folders. I always say no, since I want the original format. After that there seems to be no preference options.

If you know of a much better Ubuntu DVD burner, let me know.
[..]

Gruß/regards