libreofficebox teams and subsites

Hi,

Hi Erich,

Hi @ll,

We have finished the first step of our move and are up to prepare
Silverstripe and the iso generating scripts on libreofficebox.org for
multilingual use.

I get a "HTTP500 Interner Serverfehler" on IE8. On Firefox I get only a
white page without anything.

Now it works again.

Footer:
The footer of the webpage is in German. I don't know if it is only if the browser is in German or is it for all.
The three links Datenschutz, Impressum and Sitemap get always a "Page not found".

Hi K-J, *

I get a "HTTP500 Interner Serverfehler" on IE8. On Firefox I get only a
white page without anything.

Now it works again.

Footer:
The footer of the webpage is in German. I don't know if it is only if
the browser is in German or is it for all.
The three links Datenschutz, Impressum and Sitemap get always a "Page
not found".

Yep, sorry - still updating Silverstripe, took "a little longer", will
figure out with different footers.

Cheers
Erich

Hi Tim, *

<snip>

So the basic URL will do at time when I got you right?

<snip>

Cheers
Erich

Thanks for adding our North American Community DVD project's URL "http://libreoffice-na.us/" to the /projects/ page.

We are part of the one big "world" of "LibreOffice". Our N.A.C.D. project is just one part of it, doing our best to serve our community[s] as best as we can. One day soon, we will be done with our "beta" version of this DVD project, and finally be ready for "publishing". Without all the help/comments/suggestions of the members of the "TDF/LibreOffice/LibreOffice-Box/SC" "teams/groups/etc." we would not be as far along as we are. What started out as something simple, for a DVD for local community use, has bloomed into a project that will serve a more wide spread community.

Thanks to you all, again.

Tim L.
Elmira, New York, USA, North America, World of LibreOffice.

Hi Sophie, Daniel,

We're looking forward to hear from you what kind of subs you would want
to use, just for example could be es.libreofficebox.org together with
devel.es.libreofficebox.org or whatever fits better to your
requirements.

your suggestion it's just fine for me

+1 and count me in

Please register your account at
http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/
and let me know.

Subsites are prepared,

Cheers
Erich

Hi Sophie, Daniel,

We're looking forward to hear from you what kind of subs you would want
to use, just for example could be es.libreofficebox.org together with
devel.es.libreofficebox.org or whatever fits better to your
requirements.

your suggestion it's just fine for me

+1 and count me in

Please register your account at
http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/
and let me know.

Well, that should be done provided that after 2/3 glasses of white wine, my German still exists :wink:

Subsites are prepared,

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi K-J,

I get a "HTTP500 Interner Serverfehler" on IE8. On Firefox I get only a
white page without anything.

Now it works again.

Footer:
The footer of the webpage is in German. I don't know if it is only if
the browser is in German or is it for all.
The three links Datenschutz, Impressum and Sitemap get always a "Page
not found".

I've changed the footer for the english pages and created the privacy
and sitemap pages.
Impressum is not quite translated so I've requested your edit in SS. :wink:

Sorry for the inconvenience yesterday, SS is now patched and updated to
the latest version thus providing colorbox and photoshuffler too.

Cheers
Erich

Hi Sophie,

Please register your account at
http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/
and let me know.

Well, that should be done provided that after 2/3 glasses of white wine,
my German still exists :wink:

https://fr.libreofficebox.org/admin/
subsite admin permissions

tchin tchin ! :wink:

You'll login to the website, to reach the DVD choose FR-DVD from the
small dropdown on top of the site (devel.fr.libreofficebox.org).
There's a folder 'francais' prepared in /assets (Files & Pics) for your
convenience.

Have a beautiful weekend,
cheers
Erich

Hi Erich,

Hi Sophie,

Please register your account at
http://devel.libreofficebox.org/register/
and let me know.

Well, that should be done provided that after 2/3 glasses of white wine,
my German still exists :wink:

https://fr.libreofficebox.org/admin/
subsite admin permissions

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: Chromium seems not to be happy with the https, but it's not an issue.

tchin tchin ! :wink:

:slight_smile: Nice Chile white wine indeed

You'll login to the website, to reach the DVD choose FR-DVD from the
small dropdown on top of the site (devel.fr.libreofficebox.org).
There's a folder 'francais' prepared in /assets (Files& Pics) for your
convenience.

Have a beautiful weekend,

Thanks, you too!

Kind regards
Sophie

Hiho Erich,

Hi K-J,

I get a "HTTP500 Interner Serverfehler" on IE8. On Firefox I get only a
white page without anything.

Now it works again.

Footer:
The footer of the webpage is in German. I don't know if it is only if
the browser is in German or is it for all.
The three links Datenschutz, Impressum and Sitemap get always a "Page
not found".

I've changed the footer for the english pages and created the privacy
and sitemap pages.

Thanks. This work I wanted to do on Friday night after doing the Impressum-page, but I got a HTTP500 again after sending the Impressum and so I decided to go to bed.

Impressum is not quite translated so I've requested your edit in SS. :wink:

It is translated if you have a closer look. It is in German and English.
I only copied the impressum from the international LibO-Website [1] ;-).
I think it will be necessary to be in German too.

The real question is: Is the OOodev the party responsible for the content of this website?

Sorry for the inconvenience yesterday, SS is now patched and updated to
the latest version thus providing colorbox and photoshuffler too.

No problem. Now it works and this is important.

Nice sunday
k-j

[1] http://www.libreoffice.org/imprint

Hiho Erich,

Hi K-J,

I get a "HTTP500 Interner Serverfehler" on IE8. On Firefox I get only a
white page without anything.

Now it works again.

Footer:
The footer of the webpage is in German. I don't know if it is only if
the browser is in German or is it for all.
The three links Datenschutz, Impressum and Sitemap get always a "Page
not found".

I've changed the footer for the english pages and created the privacy
and sitemap pages.
Impressum is not quite translated so I've requested your edit in SS. :wink:

Now I have splitted it in a International and a German part. I can't request the page, I can only save it.

Grüße
k-j

Hi Sophie,

https://fr.libreofficebox.org/admin/
subsite admin permissions

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: Chromium seems not to be happy with the https, but it's
not an issue.

Do you mean the certificate mismatch?

We are still using the tdf-cert...
Maybe Florian could be sooo nice to get us one... :slight_smile:

Cheers
Erich

Hi K-J,

Impressum is not quite translated so I've requested your edit in SS. :wink:

It is translated if you have a closer look. It is in German and English.
I only copied the impressum from the international LibO-Website [1] ;-).
I think it will be necessary to be in German too.

Ok :slight_smile: my eyes are not getting better I must confess...

The real question is: Is the OOodev the party responsible for the
content of this website?

The real answer is: yes, for all websites we're providing.
The DVDs have a different imprint.

Cheers
Erich

Hi K-J,

Now I have splitted it in a International and a German part. I can't
request the page, I can only save it.

Pls try again to publish, should work now.

ciao
Erich

Fast and furios :wink:

Works

Another:
Christian has made an arrow on the right side of the page if the page was to long. The arrow isn't implemented in this website.
The "scroll to the top" in the footer would be a little bit small to recognize.

Grüße
k-j

Hi K-J,

Pls try again to publish, should work now.

Fast and furios :wink:
Works

:slight_smile:

Another:
Christian has made an arrow on the right side of the page if the page
was to long. The arrow isn't implemented in this website.
The "scroll to the top" in the footer would be a little bit small to
recognize.

Brand new arrow for our pages, thx for the pointer,

ciao
Erich

Hi Tim, *

<snip>

1] The main site in English [standard some would say], but if there is
the ability for the site to access the visitor's default language, the
visitor would be forwarded to the correct language version of the main
site.

I guess there's the possibility to fetch the visitor's browser language
and redirect him, but this is far ahead because it is not our job to do
all the translations - we offer the environment for different teams to
do it, like on the LO website.

I know many sites do this, but once you get your pages translated to one
or two other languages you might look into adding that feature to your
domain. Our project will have a manual language "bar" somewhat like
what is one the "wiki" pages where you can click on the language and you
go to that language's version of the displayed page and then stay with
that language's pages till you switch to a different language. Actually
the "wiki" pages is what made me want to have that option for our site
and DVD when we have more languages available than English.

It is a good idea and we'll keep this in mind.

2] The main site would have a page listing all the different regional
projects sorted by language[s] and geographical region[s].

http://libreofficebox.org/projects/ is a start for this

---- see the bottom of the email for the error message displayed - the
web server is unable to "respond". . . .
Also on the projects page, the de.libre. . . . link worked before but
the "develop" project link did not work.

Have been updating Silverstripe thus producing several errors ...

3] There will be a page where the visitor would find places to download
the ISO files from these different regional projects, and versions of
the CD/DVD projects in as many languages as available.

Each subsite can provide a download page on their website in the
according language.

It would be nice to have one page listing all the available places. It
would be convenient for the user/visitor. Could you have a symbol/icon
of a CD/DVD next to the name of the project and/or the projects link
giving the user an indicator that that project has a DVD, ISO download
or media to "sell", or other icons that indicate something about the
project. Language icon, ISO icon, region icon? Something like the
icons on the DVD project showing if the link is to a Writer file, and
archived file, a web link, and email link, and all the other ones in the
theme folders.

I've added icons to our link on projects page, I don't find a download
opportunity on your website, correct me if I'm wrong and/or tell me which
icon(s) you'd like to see with your link.

4] There will be a page that list groups or individuals where a visitor
can purchase a physical copy of a DVD or CD so there would be no need to
use their bandwidth to download up to 4.4 GB of file size of an ISO file
and then burn the ISO to a working CD or DVD for their use. Have this
list sorted, again, by language[s] and geographical region[s]. This way
the visitor can find a "seller" that is the closest to their location
and have the least amount of shipping cost to them.

Up to the teams again, we'll provide the space for a website and a
development site as I have written.

As before, a list of these sites [whether project sites or other web
pages] and an icon next to the link showing there is a link to the DVD
for sale.

Each team will be able to write these infos on their websites so I do
not really see the need to provide an extra list.

Actually, a nice marketing "tag line" for the "seller" would be "with
ever DVD purchase, we will donate a portion of the sale to LibreOffice
and The Document Foundation". I would think people would like that. If
it costs $10 USD to make a professionally printed DVD and Case, ant it
takes $5 USD to ship it to the buyer, the buyer would not be to unhappy
if the seller adds on a $1 or $2 to that price for a donation. So the
sale would be $11 plus $5 shipping and processing, with the seller
sending a check to The Document Foundation/LibreOffice for each purchase
as a donation.

see above

"see above"? I do not know where you mean. This was just an idea for
those who might be thinking about offering a physical DVD for
sale/shipped to the visitors.

I mean that each team may provide their infos on their websites for
people close by and understanding the language. We have the info (for
long) on our page who of the listed distributors is supporting the project.

[quote]
"We have finished the first step of our move and are up to prepare
Silverstripe and the iso generating scripts on libreofficebox.org for
multilingual use"
[unquote]
What does this mean? It seems to read that there will be a script that
will generate an ISO file "on demand" for the visitor. I do not know
about "you" but it takes over 15 minutes to generate a 4 GB DVD on a
dual core 2GHz Vista machine.

No, not for the visitor but for the teams.
Our service is focussed on the community, the services for visitors are
up to the teams.

I would like to know more about this, if someone would send to me this
information - off the list
to this email address - webmaster@krackedpress.com

Not sure what you mean for I've provided the infos below.

[quote]
The dvd ui can be exported together with all linked files prior to
an upcoming release of a dvd into static html, the iso file will be
generated by script from this export.
[unquote]
I read this as saying there will be a script in the HTML page that will
look into a data base file for all the listed DVD projects and display
this list for the visitor to see. Then if there is a new project to be
added to the list, you add it to the data base file and not change the
code or scripts on the HTML page that displays the list.

Again this procedure is dedicated to the teams to create their iso files.
Visitor can choose from http://libreofficebox.org/projects/
what he wants to see or will be redirected later on.

As more projects become available, that list on your /projects/ page
will be much larger than the current two of
de. and devel.

Yes looking forward to... :wink:
As you can see at http://www.libreoffice.org/international-sites/ the
first "run" is over and not all of the requested subsites are providing
content yet.

By the way. The "libreofficebox.org" site is in English [or at least
shown with my browser], but the download page is in German.
"http://web.libreofficebox.org/download/"

Yes I'll remove the download link which is a leftover from the german
page.

Please do not remove that link. Just indicate that the link goes to a
German language page.

I think it makes more sense to link to the projects page like I did
where the links to download pages are (going to be) provided.

Would the BrOffice "project"/site be listed on your /projects/ page?
I see they are listed in the section of the LibreOffice.org/download/ page.

Once they provide a DVD or ISO and want to be listed for sure.
I did not see a hint on their homepage but I do not speak portugese so I
could have overlooked it easily...

So the "domain name" is always a good place [URL] to start with.

Jeff mentioned that he is up to start a site on our server, so let me
have your suggestion for a desireable subdomain. I'll set up the
subsites then and you can start getting familiar with Silverstripe.

Cheers
Erich

Hi Tim, *

I've added icons to our link on projects page, I don't find a download
opportunity on your website, correct me if I'm wrong and/or tell me which
icon(s) you'd like to see with your link.

No we have no ISO download, YET.

This page my be an answer to downloading a complete ISO file every time there are changes.
http://libreoffice-na.us/dvd-archives/dvd-folder-archives.html
None of links for these folders are currently online. This page was just a demonstration of what could be done. We can offer the folder archives every time there is a change. Then you download only the folders and files that are newer than your copy of them. Right now, we are working on the HTML files and the folders containing the .oxt files. The rest of the folders are mostly finished, so they do not need to be downloaded after the initial one.

So the "domain name" is always a good place [URL] to start with.

Jeff mentioned that he is up to start a site on our server, so let me
have your suggestion for a desireable subdomain. I'll set up the
subsites then and you can start getting familiar with Silverstripe.

I am for "north-america." since we are dealing with English first, then French and Spanish languages. So we cannot use EN, ES, or FR. NA is used somewhere for a language, as far as I know. So using a two letter combination will be out.

So if we can have a longer sub-domain, I would approve.

Hi Webmaster for Lungstrom.com, *,

Webmaster for Lungstrom.com schrieb:

[..]

[quote]
"We have finished the first step of our move and are up to prepare
Silverstripe and the iso generating scripts on libreofficebox.org
for multilingual use"
[unquote]

What does this mean? It seems to read that there will be a script
that will generate an ISO file "on demand" for the visitor.

No. This enables authoring Your DVD in Silverstripe and have the
contents extracted to static html after that, which is required for
building the ISO.

I don't se any advantage by ISO on demand. I'd assume a throughought
testing before each release rises quality significantly.

I do not know about "you" but it takes over 15 minutes to generate a
4 GB DVD on a dual core 2GHz Vista machine.

Our 2.8G ISO needs 3m 55s included creating md5sum so I assume the
software You use isn't very effective.

No, not for the visitor but for the teams. Our service is focussed
on the community, the services for visitors are up to the teams.

I would like to know more about this, if someone would send to me this
information - off the list
to this email address - webmaster@krackedpress.com

All information is provided here.

[quote]
The dvd ui can be exported together with all linked files prior to
an upcoming release of a dvd into static html, the iso file will be
generated by script from this export.
[unquote]

I read this as saying there will be a script in the HTML page that
will look into a data base file for all the listed DVD projects and
display this list for the visitor to see. Then if there is a new
project to be added to the list, you add it to the data base file
and not change the code or scripts on the HTML page that displays
the list.

No. This refers to the content extraction I described.

[..]

I can get to be very "long winded" in person,

You can write as much as You like. ;o)) If You are interested in people
reading it though, then it might be a good idea to keep it as short as
possible.

Thanks again for your help. Would you like your "team" email address
as a LibreOfficeBox contact listed on our domain's root index page?

The contact form link already in place targets the team alias. So no
need to set the spam friendly mailto: link.

Also, would you or some other member of that team want/need FTP
read/write access to the domain web folders?

I don't see any need for this.

[..]

I just wish you guys/gals clocks were not 5 or 6 hours ahead of my
clock. The email with conference call info reminded me that it would
be nice to get some type of real time conversation with the
TDF/LibreOffice team[s] and Steering Committee members.
The team members for the North American Project are in timezones that
are 5+/- to 10+/- hours behind Germany.

The timezone issue is the less challenge on this.
Many of the non native english people including me can write and read
english on a reasonable level, but hear/understand and speak live
particularly not seeing the counterpart during a telephone call is
definitly high stress and doesn't make conversation easy as You might
expect.

[..]

Gruß/regards

Hi Erich, *,

Erich Christian schrieb:

[.. much ..]

Last not least: We're not really sure whether LibreofficeBox is really
the best name for our project. We've transfered this as a working
name from PrOOo-Box which was great these days but we're not 100%
happy with it.

So everyone with a good idea might chime in.

                     ^^^^^^^^^
Not shure whether the case..

LibreBox

LibreDisk

As it is also possible to generate ISO files for USB sticks and other
media the like - how about

LibreMedia

MediaLibre

Gruß/regards

Howdy,

First - the work on the SilverStripe tooling is very much appreciated.

For myself, I would really like to see us, the folks that have
contributed so far to this NA DVD project, make use of the
infrastructure going forward. There are many benefits to doing so, in my
opinion.

My concern has been with the current state of the assembled files. By
which I mean that we have been going over all the files assembled with
an eye to licenses and fitness for redistribution. ( Jeff C. has put a
lot of effort into this due diligence step) In doing so a number of
problem files were flagged and removed. Currently there is a large
number of templates that are being reviewed, it's only a matter of days
before this is finished. Until that is finished I would not be
comfortable pushing these files up to the community server. That is my
primary concern, giving any pause, at th moment.

At that point I'd like to see us generate an ISO that would be viewed as
a beta for the disc image, for people to review. That also would be, in
my opinion, a good spot to actually start the work of moving over to the
community based server.

@Tim, I could not explain the details of the custom build scripts of
course, but the general use of a Content Management System (CMS) for
building the disc image contents is something I do understand, if your
interested I'd be happy to talk to you about that on a phone call. If we
could get all of us on the NA team on a call that would be great -
perhaps there is some help we could get on that.

A good spot to stop for one email I think.

Best wishes,

Drew