Planet in your language?

Hi all,

We are opening a planet with language threads, see my mail [1], I know the following language are interested already, please add yours:

ES
FR

Once the list is completed, Flo will be able to set them. Thanks!

[1]<http://go.mail-archive.com/0ba-JWHViJDWsAy8eBSeb-kxhcI=>

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Sophie, and All

I looked into the above link and tagged links shown with it. I have a question. What is the "Planet"?

I have been out of the mainstream of the cutting edge of web page terms, so I do not know what you mean by using the term of "Planet". So if I have never heard of this, I assume there has to be others as well.

I could make a guess, but that could easily be wrong.

So could someone explain what the "Planet" concept is? I saw the use of the link "planet.libreoffice.org/de" as a explanation of the use of the planet system. But that just tells me that "planet" would be a sub-domain of the main domain of "libreoffice.org" and there will be a "de" folder/page in that sub-domain. But that really does not tell me what a "planet" is all about in web page design.

Hi Tim,
[...]

Hi Sophie, and All

I looked into the above link and tagged links shown with it. I have a
question. What is the "Planet"?

It's a blog aggregation. We get one for the Document Foundation, see
http://planet.documentfoundation.org/
So when I write on my blog, it is displayed on the planet of The Document Foundation, but also on my own blog or the other planets I'm subscribed to.

I have been out of the mainstream of the cutting edge of web page terms,
so I do not know what you mean by using the term of "Planet". So if I
have never heard of this, I assume there has to be others as well.

yes, you're right :slight_smile:

I could make a guess, but that could easily be wrong.

So could someone explain what the "Planet" concept is? I saw the use of
the link "planet.libreoffice.org/de" as a explanation of the use of the
planet system. But that just tells me that "planet" would be a
sub-domain of the main domain of "libreoffice.org" and there will be a
"de" folder/page in that sub-domain. But that really does not tell me
what a "planet" is all about in web page design.

The idea is to get the possibility to aggregate the blogs per language but also have a display of all the language.
When we were in the OOo Community, we did settle a planet displaying all the languages. I really like it because it shows the richness and the diversity of our community. But on the language community and users side, it's really more convenient to be able to read a given language.

Kind regards
Sophie

That is the problem then. I have never deal with "blogging" before. I read a few, but never have done this myself. So if this is a term used within the "Blog" communities, then I would never have heard of it.

I still do not "really" understand what you mean, but it is becoming clearer. Thanks. If I ever worked with, and read about, Blogs then I would have known what you are talking about. It is just like a lot of people on these lists are using abbreviations for words or concepts. I do not use instant messaging or phone texting so I do not know many of these "terms" and what they stand for.

Thanks Sophie.

Hi, Sophie,

PT-BR, please.

Thanks.