Short introduction in Litmus

Hi Sophie, hi Rimas, *,
Volker Heggemann (cc) has made a first short introduction in Litmus for German users [1].
I put it to a wikipage [2].
Of course
a) the page is under construction and
b) there should be an international version to be translated [3].

Grüße
k-j

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/6/61/LibreOffice_Litmus.odt
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus/de
[3] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

Hi Sophie, hi Rimas, *,
Volker Heggemann (cc) has made a first short introduction in Litmus for
German users [1].

Great!

I put it to a wikipage [2].
Of course
a) the page is under construction and
b) there should be an international version to be translated [3].

Do you mean you're going (the German team) to translate them in English or you're asking here for translators? I've seen yesterday during my spam monitoring that the page were under construction. Jean-Baptiste Faure have done some work too that I need to translate. I'll do it today and add it to the English page, it's more on the admin side, but it will be of help anyway.

By the way, I really like your template, would it be possible that we discuss the same type of template with your team for the international wiki?

Thanks
Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Sophie, *,

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

Hi Sophie, hi Rimas, *,
Volker Heggemann (cc) has made a first short introduction in Litmus for
German users [1].

Great!

I put it to a wikipage [2].
Of course
a) the page is under construction and
b) there should be an international version to be translated [3].

Do you mean you're going (the German team) to translate them in English
or you're asking here for translators?

Let me say: I want to open the pool of translators for this. Maybe there is somone outside the German team who is able to translate it, too.

I've seen yesterday during my
spam monitoring that the page were under construction.
Jean-Baptiste
Faure have done some work too that I need to translate. I'll do it today
and add it to the English page, it's more on the admin side, but it will
be of help anyway.

By the way, I really like your template, would it be possible that we
discuss the same type of template with your team for the international
wiki?

The template of the wiki is made by Christian Kühl.
I've told on German ml to put the discussion on the website-ml, but nobody opened the discussion yet. I will do it in the next few hours/days.

It seems to be that many, especially on the German-discuss-list, avoid to present their great work and stuff to the international mls. Maybe it is a supposed lack of (good) English. And writing in English is much more work for many of us. Such a posting, which is written in German in a few minutes, will expand the working time to half an hour in English.

[I, for myself, won't put every time these great works of others to the international mls because at some point someone will say: "Er schmückt sich immer mit fremden Federn." (He's falsely taking all the credit.)
But this seems to be my job here so I will do it ;-)]

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

Hi Sophie, *,

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

Hi Sophie, hi Rimas, *,
Volker Heggemann (cc) has made a first short introduction in Litmus for
German users [1].

Great!

I put it to a wikipage [2].
Of course
a) the page is under construction and
b) there should be an international version to be translated [3].

Do you mean you're going (the German team) to translate them in English
or you're asking here for translators?

Let me say: I want to open the pool of translators for this. Maybe there
is somone outside the German team who is able to translate it, too.

ok (/me hiding ;-), let see if someone is volunteering.

I've seen yesterday during my
spam monitoring that the page were under construction.
Jean-Baptiste
Faure have done some work too that I need to translate. I'll do it today
and add it to the English page, it's more on the admin side, but it will
be of help anyway.

By the way, I really like your template, would it be possible that we
discuss the same type of template with your team for the international
wiki?

The template of the wiki is made by Christian Kühl.
I've told on German ml to put the discussion on the website-ml, but
nobody opened the discussion yet. I will do it in the next few hours/days.

ok, thank you for that and thanks to Christian for his great work. I think that we should discuss the layout of the wiki, the migration to language domains, the extensions used, etc. So several topics to cover finally.

It seems to be that many, especially on the German-discuss-list, avoid
to present their great work and stuff to the international mls. Maybe it
is a supposed lack of (good) English. And writing in English is much
more work for many of us. Such a posting, which is written in German in
a few minutes, will expand the working time to half an hour in English.

Yes, that's right and I understand it easily, however the more you write in English, the more you get use to it too :slight_smile:

[I, for myself, won't put every time these great works of others to the
international mls because at some point someone will say: "Er schmückt
sich immer mit fremden Federn." (He's falsely taking all the credit.)
But this seems to be my job here so I will do it ;-)]

Yes, and it's great to have people like you able to make the link between our language communities. We need to be able to share the great work done by some of our members, whatever the language. So thanks to you too :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Sophie

Is true, Klaus. For me, that haven't knowledge of German, i need to use the Google Translation from German to English, so i was able to translate to pt-BR.

For me, the work of German Team is great, but like our magazine, in pt-BR, is more easy for other communities to contribute when we translated it to english, like Sophie proposes.

We can interact and give suggestions more easily if you use this half/one hour to translate to english. We thank very much! :wink:

Bests
Claudio

Hi @all,

Hi Sophie, hi Rimas, *,
Volker Heggemann (cc) has made a first short introduction in Litmus for
German users [1].
I put it to a wikipage [2].
Of course
a) the page is under construction and
b) there should be an international version to be translated [3].

Grüße
k-j

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/6/61/LibreOffice_Litmus.odt
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus/de
[3] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus

I did a rough translation from German to English. Please feel free to proofread / improve and maybe start translating into other languages as well. :slight_smile:

Sigrid

Hi Sigrid,

Hi @all,

Hi Sophie, hi Rimas, *,
Volker Heggemann (cc) has made a first short introduction in Litmus for
German users [1].
I put it to a wikipage [2].
Of course
a) the page is under construction and
b) there should be an international version to be translated [3].

Grüße
k-j

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/6/61/LibreOffice_Litmus.odt
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus/de
[3] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus

I did a rough translation from German to English. Please feel free to proofread / improve and maybe start translating into other languages as well. :slight_smile:

Great, thank you very much Sigrid, it's good to have you here :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Sophie