Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Event: GSoC Presentation in Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey

Hi Mike,

There were ~40 attendees, mostly from the Computer Science department. The
best part was that they were very excited, and asked many questions; and
the event took almost 2 hours instead of the planned 40 minutes. Many of
them seemed 'sold' at the idea of spending the next summer (or a summer)
working on LibreOffice or another FLOSS project, through GSoC.

Also tried to share my adventure as a FLOSS enthusiast, from a volunteer
translator to a professional developer working as part of Collabora's
LibreOffice development team. And I am glad to say that they seemed
inspired of the story. :)

This is an after-event tweet by Hacettepe University ACM Student Chapter,
with photos: https://twitter.com/acmhacettepe/status/1193080874516074497

I am also attaching a few more photos from the event.

Oh, and be prepared to hear more from around here regarding
LibreOffice/FLOSS activities in the upcoming days. We have more activities
in the planning, and hope to share soon. ;)

Cheers,
Muhammet

Mike Saunders <mike.saunders@documentfoundation.org>, 8 Kas 2019 Cum, 18:27