[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Debian's new website -- some ideas for LibreOffice website?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Debian's new website -- some ideas for LibreOffice website?
- From: Emiliano Vavassori <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 23:52:24 +0100
- To: Marketing list <email@example.com>
Il 05/11/19 13:53, Mike Saunders ha scritto:
> I just came across this preview of the new Debian website, which is due
> to be launched later this month:
I hope (for them) this is only a mockup, because I found a lot of issues
with their layout and how information are showed/organized (and I am not
a web developer/designer). Plus, the two column layout (abruptly
inserted and interrupted, indeed) doesn't feel right to me.
The actual landing page for libreoffice.org is much better than the new
Debian one from a design/usability point of view, IMHO.
> I like the way there's a clear distinction between community and
That's the only good idea I would take from that page.
The only idea I had (but frankly has to be developed) is a first
"landing" page with a clear product/community split, pointing the two
parts to their own specific "minisite" inside libreoffice.org (like
libreoffice.org/community - libreoffice.org/product or
community.libreoffice.org - product.libreoffice.org).
And, additionally, maybe libreoffice.org/community should really point
to documentfoundation.org (which probably needs a new fresh face, also).
My 2 cents :)
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
|[libreoffice-marketing] Debian's new website -- some ideas for LibreOffice website?||Mike Saunders <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Debian's new website -- some ideas for LibreOffice website?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Debian's new website -- some ideas for LibreOffice website?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Debian's new website -- some ideas for LibreOffice website?
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Voiceover/Video