[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Federal German Procurement: current developments
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Federal German Procurement: current developments
- From: Cor Nouws <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 17:51:55 +0100
- To: Bjoern Michaelsen <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bjoern Michaelsen wrote on 02/11/2019 16:55:
> I just recently came across this (German) video:
> by Anke Domscheit-Berg giving updates on "IT-Konsolidation des Bundes". It does
> not contain any huge revelations, but some details on the changes in german
> federal procurement -- including possibly the slow acceptance of open source as a
> relevant feature -- is interesting.
Thanks for sharing this..
> It might be worthwhile to follow Anke Domscheit-Berg to have early awareness
> about opportunities for LibreOffice and Open Source in general to help pushing
> things in the right direction. Regardless of political agenda, I dont think
> there currently is any other federal german politician that offers these close
> details on the development of german policy wrt digial topics.
> And yes, this is a very German thing -- but even outside Germany, it might be
> useful -- e.g. for discussions on the EU level or simply to nag politicians
Yes, that definitely is something I consider to be useful and a thing I
do now and then,
> elsewhere with "Look how transparent (some) German politicians are about their
> digital agenda? Shouldnt you be too?"
.. but to be honest, I tend to push not so much about being transparent
rather directly open source and open standards.
The example Anke gives towards the end - no clear os policy while there
is a known strong dependency on US software vendors - is well chosen.
Public administrations of course have a selective memory/view, and tend
to use just information that supports their agenda.
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
- Member Board The Document Foundation
- http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijncloudoffice.nl
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
|[libreoffice-marketing] Federal German Procurement: current developments||Bjoern Michaelsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Federal German Procurement: current developments
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Sticker designs and merchandise ideas for FOSDEM
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Federal German Procurement: current developments
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Sticker designs and merchandise ideas for FOSDEM