Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Libreoffice vs Apache OpenOffice: how to choose the right free office suite for you | TechRadar

I have sent a message to the journalist, but she is out for Easter
holidays until next Tuesday. I will keep you posted about the reply (if
any).

On 21/04/19 16:41, Drew Jensen wrote:
> From the article;
>
> "Language support
>
> If you're multilingual, it's worth noting that Apache OpenOffice offers
> more in terms of flexibility when it comes to languages, letting you
> download additional language patches as plugins. If you choose LibreOffice,
> you'll need to pick one language at the start and stick with it."
>
> That's not right.
>
> The article also talks about the UI being old looking and then fails to
> mention the new UI (notebook bar) elements in LibreOffice.
>

> The article also misses that there are large numbers of spreadsheets in MSO
> format that will not function in AOO, lack of functions, which work in
> LibreOffice.
>

> Then there is the question of performance, LibreOffice has the edge here in
> Calc when needing to crunch lots of data, with the multi-core threading
> support. Not mentioned.
>

> There is likely others.
>

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 9:50 AM Daniel A. Rodriguez <
> drodriguez@libreoffice.org> wrote:
>

>> https://www.techradar.com/news/libreoffice-vs-apache-openoffice-how-to-choose-the-right-free-office-suite-for-you
>>
>> --

Italo Vignoli - italo@italovignoli.com
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber italo.vignoli@gmail.com
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0