On 1/30/19 12:00 PM, Italo Vignoli wrote:
... Thunderbird - who shows the donation message at
every launch of the program, so even multiple times per day - but I have
not seen any similar complaints on Thunderbird support mailing lists.

I have used Thunderbird on a daily basis for over 10 years and also frequently set it up for all of our office users (about 50 computers).  I never see advertising in Thunderbird (60.2.1 64bit on Ubuntu) and I can't recall ever having seen it - let alone having it pop up and request a response to dismiss it. So quite honestly I have no idea what you are talking about - I am completely unaware of any Thunderbird advertising. However, I couldn't help immediately noticing and disliking the advertisement as soon as it started in LibreOffice 6.1.

Thanks to the involvement of volunteers and to donations money we are
able to organize events around FOSDEM, the LibreOffice Conference, pay
for volunteer travels to events either internationally or locally, have
a team who manages the day to day activities of the foundation, and so
on.

Yes - and this has been happening for a very long time, without any assistance from pop-up, in-app advertisements.