Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice on Social Media - Our goal is to be known

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the LibreOffice community!
See my comments inline of your message...

Le dimanche 27 janvier 2019 à 16:16 +0000, Aquila Msiza a écrit :
> It’s Daniel,
>
> I didn’t mean to send out the unfinished draft but as I couldn’t
> unsend it…here it is in its entirety.
>

> Hi I’m Daniel,
>
> I have been using LibreOffice for a while and would like to
> contribute towards it reaching as many people as possible. I think
> awareness of its existence, the values it stands for and what it
> offers are a good starting point. The whitespace I see in this area
> are the many non-tech affine guys and gals who don’t know about
> LibreOffice. Although I’m not a stranger to the technology-world, I
> myself didn’t know much about LibreOffice until recently when a
> friend of mine, who studies IT, introduced me to the LibreOffice
> Suite. (I was contemplating with the idea of buying the Microsoft
> Suite)
>
> One of the many groups we can target are students. Many students buy
> the Microsoft Office Suite because they see this as a necessity in
> order to be able to do their work and are not aware of other
> alternatives. (or think the alternatives are too difficult to use)
> Usually for these non-tech affine people it’s “tedious” getting to
> adjust to new software and therefore they make the ‘simplest’ choice
> of buying what their already familiar with.
>
> Many don’t know about the LibreOffice option and I can assure you
> many don’t even need half the capabilities of LibreOffice – not to
> mention Microsoft Office – to complete their tertiary work.
> I think by acquiring and familiarizing many students while their in
> universities (maybe expanding later on to schools), their able to
> accustom themselves to the software very early. Unlike other target
> groups, students are usually more diverse and interact usually on
> average with more individuals than other target groups. My point is a
> product that is free and offers value can start to spread like wild
> fire.
>
> But for that to happen, first its capabilities and the fact that it
> exists have to be known.
>
> Many pros I see in tackling this target market are not only acquiring
> pro LibreOffice non-tech affine people but recruiting many
> volunteers, who will be part of the LibreOffice community. I really
> believe this is true, as they realise the pure value we offer in
> return for ‘nothing’.
>
> How to get there: The first goal is to be known
>
> I looked at the different outlets LibreOffice has and Instagram
> wasn’t one of them. At the current moment in 2019 to reach the
> desired group of people and many other groups, we have to look at
> where the current attention is placed. Instagram and snapchat (not to
> mention Facebook, although the organic reach is decreasing there) is
> where the attention is. Although we have a Youtube channel, not many
> will stumble upon this.
> I think by being apart of different platforms, providing value and
> creating a community in different (social-) platforms will help us
> [...]

I really have two questions about your proposal -thank you for this by
the way:
* have you checked our Facebook page(s), our twitter accounts and our
reddit and YouTube channels?
* Instagram is indeed not where we are, however I'm curious what you
would like to produce in terms of content, since Instagram is about
pictures?

Best regards,
--
Charles-H. Schulz