Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Nightly Rush Calc Threading video was: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Hi Drew,

On 21/01/2019 00:35, Drew Jensen wrote:
> How much of a performance increase will you see in your Calc worksheets?
>
> This depends largely on how calculation heavy your work is.
>
> Representative benchmark spreadsheets covering scenarios from Stock Pricing
> to Water Table Monitoring
>
> produced performance increases ranging from 37% to 75% with this 4 core
> processor based system.

Sounds good to me. It's quite normal to talk performance wins in X
factors over the original - so 75% is 4x - and 37% is 1.6X - which is
perhaps easier for people to grok: old-time/new-time.

> What I would like to do to end it is to thank the folks who actually did
> the engineering work behind the work.
> How would that best be?

The threading work credit is:

Collabora engineers:
Tor Lillqvist, Luboš Luňák & Dennis Francis

and of course thanks to AMD too.

Thanks so much for putting this all together !

All the best,

Michael.