[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Christmas quiz for the blog - ideas wanted!
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Christmas quiz for the blog - ideas wanted!
- From: Mike Saunders <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 16:16:01 +0100
- To: Marketing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
So here's my draft of questions for the quiz. I'll post them on the blog
on December 24.
Try the LibreOffice Christmas Quiz!
How much do you know about LibreOffice - the software, the community and
its history? We've made a little quiz for you to try out, so check out
the questions below, and you'll find the answers at the bottom. Good
1. LibreOffice is a successor to OpenOffice.org, which was based on the
proprietary suite StarOffice. Which company was behind StarOffice?
A: Star Corp
B: Solar Sys
C: Star Division
2. In which year was The Document Foundation (TDF), the non-profit
entity, legally established?
3. Who is the current chairperson of TDF?
A: Marina Latini
B: Michael Meeks
C: Thorsten Behrens
4. LibreOffice includes a graphics editing tool - what is it called?
5. If you don't like the default icon set in LibreOffice, how can you
A: Under the Format menu
B: Via Tools > Options > View
C: Using an extension
6. What's the standard document format of LibreOffice called?
A: OpenDocument Format
B: OpenXML Format
C: LibreDocument Format
7. What is a "Hybrid PDF?"
A: It includes interactive elements and animations
B: It includes all fonts, to display properly everywhere
C: It includes the original source document, to allow editing
8. LibreOffice includes a dockable window to help you move around
complex documents. What is it called?
9. If you want Writer to automatically add numbered captions when
inserting objects, where do you go?
A: Tools > Options > Objects > Preferences
C: Insert > Image > tick "Add captions" box
C: Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > AutoCaption
10. With which major LibreOffice release did the branding change to
A: LibreOffice 4
B: LibreOffice 5
C: LibreOffice 6
11. LibreOffice 6.2 will include a new (optional) user interface design.
What's its name?
12. Where did the 2013 LibreOffice Conference take place?
13. And where will the 2019 Conference be?
14. Markus Mohrhard is a long-time LibreOffice developer, who has been
involved in the project since its early years. What is his nickname?
15. Another hard-working member of the community is "raal", who helps
out with events in the Czech Republic. But what's his real name?
A: Stanislav Horáček
B: Zdeněk Crhonek
C: Jan Dvořák
16. Finally, who can join the LibreOffice project and help to improve
A: Experienced C++ developers
B: Members of The Document Foundation
C: Absolutely anybody
And now, the answers: [answers here]
We in the community wish you all a great Christmas and festive time, and
a happy new year. Here's to a great 2019, with many more LibreOffice
releases, events and fun to be had!
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Christmas quiz for the blog - ideas wanted!||Drew Jensen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Christmas quiz for the blog - ideas wanted!||Mike Saunders <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Event report: Kyushu LibreOffice meetup
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Christmas quiz for the blog - ideas wanted!
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Christmas quiz for the blog - ideas wanted!
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Christmas quiz for the blog - ideas wanted!