Hello mates,

Here is a short report of Kyushu LibreOffice meetup 2018 on Dec. 9 (Sun).

- We had two goals of this meetup; (a) let Japanese NLP members apply
to TDF membership, (b) make a relationship between the east-Asian LibO
communities stronger
- This meetup gathered 18 attendees, including 7 Japanese NLP members
- We invited Franklin Weng from Taiwan and our BoD, and DaeHyun Sung
from Korea.  And Shinji Enoki took three internship students from
different African countries.  So we can say this meetup was quite
internationalized ;)
- Franklin gave us a talk about TDF history, benefits to becoming a
member, and donations.  After that, four candidates in Japan (more
precisely, all Japanese NLP members who aren't TDF members) had
applied to TDF membership.
- We discussed LibreOffice marketing specifically in the Japanese
market.  Franklin kindly shared some topics from Taiwan and global
discussion.  In Taiwan they use SNS (such as Facebook) well, so we
could follow them.  Continuous and interesting post is needed.
- DaeHyun told us HWP (Hangul Word Processor), Korean local word
processor, and what improvements are needed for us to replace it in
the Korean market (especially for public sectors)
- Koutarou Watanabe told how to operate Base with LibO Basic macro.
Although Base does not aim for access compatibility, users often
compare with Access, and from this point of view, there were some
missing features in Base. For example, importing from Calc is possible
on a GUI basis, but there is no command can be executed by macro, Mr.
Watanabe made the import macro by myself. He summarized that Base is
one of the killer application of LibreOffice but need to brush it up,
and this presentation might help it.
- I believe both of our two goals has been achieved! :)

Thanks to Franklin and DaeHyun for coming to our meetup and improve
our discussion!

Best,
--
Naruhiko NARU Ogasawara (naruoga@gmail.com)