I know the notebookbar implementation has bugs but it's under development
since around 4 years and on each release the news pages wrote about this
experimental feature.

I talked at Munich Hackfest about the big open bugs
- bad keyboard navigation
you can use F6 like in every other LibO app (F6 switch from Menubar to
Toolbar to NB to Sidebar), but it would be awesome if
svtlo-ManagedMenuButton will support keyboard shortcut focus if menubar is
hidden and also sfxlo-NotebookbarToolBox widgets which was used to add the
different uno commands didn't work with F6 -> tab
I hope to get some patches to fix this issue, you are welcome to help.

- chart didn't support NB
the chart bug (if you open an chart in writer you see the notebookbar and
the toolbar) can be fixed by add an NB to chart module (which I can do) and
use this NB instead of the chart toolbar. But there is no progress in this
change cause chart if different from other modules.

- OS-X glitches
on OS-X there are several UI issues. I don't have an Mac so I can't say to
much.

The biggest issue is that there is NO developer working on the NB stuff. We
talk each release to bring NB out of experimental. As there is no real
progress (excluding the ui files) I recommend to bring some implementations
(tabbed, groupedbar) ouf of experimental for 6.2. Than we get more user
feedback and maybe some new developers.

cheers
Andreas_K