[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Introduction
- From: Nigel Verity <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 15:04:27 +0000
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
I have just registered with the marketing group, so I thought I'd introduce myself.
I am Nigel Verity from Shropshire, England but called "Nige" by everybody. I've done a few HPR episodes under the alias of "Beeza".
I've worked in a variety of fields including diplomacy, commerce, software development, tech writing and running art shows. Of these my longest spell was over 20 years in the defence industry developing and troubleshooting logistics tools. Right now I am self-employed, doing ad hoc tech writing, website development and IT consultancy - the latter specialising in simplifying business processes and reducing costs. Promoting the use of FLOSS plays a big part of that, though the "Free Libre" part is sometimes harder to push than the free (cost) and open source aspects.
Making the case for LibreOffice is usually the easiest "sell" as it does not require users to adopt a different operating system. To be honest, though, I am never entirely happy saying that LibreOffice is "just like" MS Office because that gives the impression it is an MS Office clone, which we all know it clearly isn't.
I would like to get involved with marketing LibreOffice because I would like to be able to develop a different angle showing not just the areas of functional overlap with MS Office but also differentiators to make the case for LibreOffice in its own right.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Introduction||Mike Saunders <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] new resource "Open Source And Open Standards In Real Life" - sheet on LibreOffice and ODF
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Introduction
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Introduction
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Introduction