[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice 6.1 release day plans: website updates
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice 6.1 release day plans: website updates
- From: Mike Saunders <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 14:30:19 +0200
- To: Marketing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Website list <email@example.com>
So LibreOffice 6.1 is scheduled for release on Wednesday August 8. There
are some things I plan to update on the website, namely:
* https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/new-features/ (see below)
Anything else I'm missing? (Cloph will update the download page itself.)
For the "New features" page, my proposed text is:
Great new features developed by our community
LibreOffice 6.1 includes two fresh new icon themes: Colibre, which is
now the default on Windows, and Karasa Jaga. In addition, image handling
has been improved, making the software faster and more responsive, while
new fill gradients, help files and interface translations make this the
best LibreOffice ever.
Word processing at the next level
Writer's EPUB export filter has been improved, helping you to create
e-books from your documents. In the header and footer menus, new options
let you quickly add page numbers and page counts, while new chapter
numbering styles, which spell out cardinal and ordinal numbers, are now
available. Finally, it's now possible to generate a signature line using
Insert > Signature Line.
Take your spreadsheets further
In Calc, images that are anchored to cells can now be sorted. In
addition, there are now three anchor types: to a cell, as usual; to a
cell with resizing when the cell size changes; and to a page. When
linking a sheet to external data, CSV files can now be used as data
sources. And as an extra bonus, the options dialog lets you customise
cell highlight colours.
Pristine presentations and drawings
In Impress and Draw, new drawing styles have been added, while existing
ones have been cleaned up. Also, the menu in Draw was reorganised to be
more intuitive, and a new Page menu was added.
LibreOffice Online - your office suite, anywhere
In LibreOffice Online, the cloud-based version of the suite, many new
dialog boxes have been added, including spelling and grammar, cell
formatting and area fill. In Calc, it's now possible to collapse or
expand any group of columns or rows with a single click. Finally,
performance and security has been improved as well.
For a full list of new features in LibreOffice 6.1, see our release notes.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Marketing Conference Call
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Social media ideas for LibreOffice 6.1 release announcement
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Changing the "Get involved" menu on the LibreOffice website?
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Social media ideas for LibreOffice 6.1 release announcement