Hi everyone,

So I'm working on a video to showcase the new features in the upcoming
release. The draft script is below -- all feedback welcome! This time,
I'll put credits (ie who created the new features) directly alongside
them in the video, rather than at the end...

LibreOffice 6.1 introduces many powerful new features, and improves
existing ones.

General

A new icon theme, Colibre, has been added and is the default on Windows.

Image handling has been improved, so documents with many images will
load and display more smoothly.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Doc-image-lazy-load-perf.png]

It's now possible to sign ODF documents with ECDSA keys on Linux and
macOS. [Lock]

For shapes and backgrounds, a new set of fill gradients is now available
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Gradients-61.png], while the
background images dialog has been redesigned to be easier to use.

The online help system has been extended with example files, to help you
see how features in the suite work.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Collateral_files.png]

It's now even easier to customize toolbars and menus, thanks to the new
gear button in the Customize dialog.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Gear-Menu-on-Custom-Menu.png]

The experimental Notebookbar user interface design has been updated with
better layouts and icons.

And thanks to our worldwide community, the user interface has been
translated into additional languages, while dictionaries and
auto-correct tools have been improved for many languages as well
[spinning world]

Writer

In the header and footer menus, new options let you quickly add page
numbers and page counts.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LO_Writer_Insert_page_options_in_drop-down_menu_of_Header.png]

The EPUB export feature has been improved, and gives you more options
for customising metadata.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Epub-improved-metadata.png]

It's now possible to generate a signature line using Insert > Signature
Line. [https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Gen-sig-line.png]

New chapter numbering styles, which spell out cardinal and ordinal
numbers, are now available.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Spelloutnumberingstyles.png]

Finally, performance when converting documents to XHTML has been greatly
improved. [https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Odt-xhtml-perf.png]

Calc

In Calc, the word processor, images that are anchored to cells can now
be sorted. [https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Calc-image-sort.gif]

In addition, there are now three anchor types: to a cell, as usual; to a
cell with resizing when the cell size changes; and to a page.

The options dialog lets you customise cell highlight colours.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Colors2.png]

When you're merging cells, the dialog box now shows a graphical
depiction of the process in advance.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:MergeCells.png]

When linking a sheet to external data, CSV files can now be used as data
sources.

Parallel formula compiling on the CPU is now supported, for a
significant performance boost.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Calc-cpu-threading.png]

Impress, Draw and Base

New drawing styles have been added, while existing ones have been
cleaned up. [https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrawingStyles.png]

The menu in Draw was reorganised to be more intuitive, and a new Page
menu was added.

In Base, the embedded Firebird engine is now available by default.
Embedded HSQLDB is deprecated, although it's still available in this
release, and a migration assistant helps you to switch between the two
engines.

LibreOffice Online

In LibreOffice Online, the cloud-based version of the suite, many new
dialog boxes have been added, including spelling and grammar
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:SpellingDialog.png], cell
formatting
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:FormatCellDialog.png], and
area fill [https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:AreaDialog.png].

In Calc, it's now possible to collapse or expand any group of columns or
rows with a simple click.
[https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Collabora-Online-Calc-Grouping-01.png]

Finally, performance and security has been improved as well, making
LibreOffice Online a great complement to the desktop version of the suite.

But there's more to come - help us with LibreOffice 6.2!

We're already working on the next release - join our worldwide
community, help to add and test new features - they're made by people
like you! etc.