Hi Muhammet,

That's great -- thanks to you and the others for attending and giving
the talks! I've used your text as the basis for a blog post here:

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/05/17/recap-free-software-and-linux-days-2018-in-istanbul/

Keep up the awesome work :-)

Cheers,
Mike

On 17/05/2018 08:13, Muhammet Kara wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am back at home after the Free Software and Linux Days 2018 in
İstanbul. It was a small and cozy event. The number of attendees was
lower than the previous years, but we had more time for each visitor as
a plus. It was also a good opportunity to break the ice between
different segments of the Turkish Free Software community.

We had a nice booth jointly run by LibreOffice Turkey and GNOME Turkey
community members, next to the Pardus booth. We gave out stickers to the
visitors, answered their questions about LibreOffice, GNOME, and
Free/Libre Software in general. Community members also had a lot of time
to chat, and to discuss the current situation and the future of our
community in Turkey.

We also had 3 LibreOffice related presentation/seminar sessions:

  * LibreOffice Geliştiricisi Olmak (Being a LibreOffice Developer), by
    Muhammet Kara
  * LibreOffice Sertifikasyonu (LibreOffice Certifications), by Muhammet
    Kara
  * Açık Belge Biçimi (The Open Document Format), Nurcan Tür

And we now have all materials to set up a complete LibreOffice booth in
any upcoming event in Turkey, thanks to TDF for funding the booth stuff,
and the travel costs of the booth staff.

Please see the wiki page for more details, photos, and links to related
tweets: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2018/OYLG2018#Aftermath

Cheers,
Muhammet