[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)
- From: Italo Vignoli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 10:33:22 +0100
- To: Edwin Lee <email@example.com>, "Luca Daghino @ Libero" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Global marketing activities in education are extremely difficult,
because of the language issue (most education systems use the country
native language), and the costs associated to reaching all schools in a
country. Because of our size and budget, local communities should try to
reach schools, although we will never be able to reach the same results
of companies such as Microsoft and Apple with large budgets.
For instance, TDF supports the Italian community with a budget for
activities in schools, but the budget itself is peanuts in comparison
with Microsoft Italia budget (is less than 1/1000) where they give away
software and even hardware (Surface laptops).
On 01/03/2018 01:46, Edwin Lee wrote:
> Thanks Luca for the article. It's interesting to see what happens in other places.
> I think it doesn't need to be just focused on Africa. A good question to ask, is what is LibreOffice / TDF doing in the education market? My intuition is that its effective to win students over to try to dampen the stickiness MS Office has. At least they will realize that there is an alternative.
>> On 1 Mar 2018, at 8:07 AM, Luca Daghino @ Libero <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Just read this about a teacher who drew a Word gui on a blackboard:
>> He was obviously offered a full set of tools by MS.
>> So I thought maybe TDF should begin to do some marketing in that area?
Italo Vignoli - LibreOffice Marketing & PR
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
hangout/jabber email@example.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)||Tim-L <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)||"Luca Daghino @ Libero" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)||Edwin Lee <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Marketing Conference Call
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Africa as a marketing target (?)