Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Do you know who is trying to "take" my LibreOffice-NA domain?

do not fall for that.

They are putting pressure on you to compel you to renew with them at
exorbitant prices. This is a well-known and old scam, and you can google it.

I have for all of my registered domain names over the past 20 years
received those same emails, and I never budged. No one ever registered
the web sites as threatened.

LibreOffice is a TM, and you hold libreoffice-NA.US. If in fact they
register, Chinese IP rights have gotten a lot better.

Again, do not fall for it.

On 7/28/2017 08:21, Tim-L--Elmira-NY wrote:
> On 07/28/2017 11:08 AM, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
>>> I have been receiving emails from one of the Chinese domain registries.
>> Some company is trying to register LibreOffice-na.cn and most of the
>> LibreOffice-na.com.cn - where "COM" is changes to ORG, NET, and others.
>>> I have been told by the registry that this Chinese company is avid that
>> they want to have all of the possible LibreOffice-NA domains and want
>> that
>> registry to force me to give up my LibreOffice-NA.US domain since it is
>> their "company keyword" or trademark. Since I have had my domain for
>> several years, and this Chinese company is just starting up - so I
>> believe
>> from the emails - so I have the "keyword" and "fair-use trademark".
>>> SO, have anyone in this list know of any Chinese LibreOffice "company"
>> wanting to use LibreOffice-NA as part of their domain?
>>> I use it myself and it is a shortened name meaning the following:
>>>
>>> LibreOffice-NA.US
>>>
>>> LibreOffice - North America - in the USA.
>>>
>>> I really like to know what is going on with the info I am getting from
>> China stating that someone is trying to register my domain name and
>> wanting
>> me to give it up.
>>> Currently, I am not doing much with that domain, but hope to have some
>> add-ons for LibreOffice - like my specialized color palettes. I do have
>> some palettes created, but they are not quite ready for full publishing.
>> Also I need to remember where Win10 and Linux RPM "hides" the color
>> palettes. I know where Linux DEB "hides" these files.
>>> Tim L.
>> If your registration is not about to expire you have norhing to worry
>> about. If so, renew ASAP.
>>
>> My two cents.
>>
>> Best
>>
> I have all of my domains set to auto renew, just in case I forget to
> renew after I get a renewal notice.
>
> It seems that the Chinese registry feels I may have troubles.
>
> I just want to fine out what is going on. It seems to be a Chinese
> company wanting to deal with LibreOffice in some way. So I thought
> someone here might know something about this Chinese company.

Axel K. Kloth
Founder, Chairman of the Board and CTO
Scalable Systems Research Labs Inc.
458 San Mateo Avenue