We can also think of imaginary animals? (As the dragon KDE), for example
the mythological griffin, pegasus, Phoenix.

Best!

Il 04/04/2017 08:55, Heiko Tietze ha scritto:
For me, I keep thinking that LO is slowly working to take on various
platforms.  So far, LO has taken over Linux's platforms from OpenOffice.org
- from day one.  Then Windows and Mac platforms came quickly.  Although LO
has not made really much headway against MS Office, to me it seems LO is
slowly gaining a market share a little at a time. LO is working on an
Android version and later I do not doubt Apple's IOS will see a version.
Sounds like a cute virus :-)
(Such a mascot would have the added value of being a massage ball)

As an intermediate state, the metaphors we do have so far:

* Freedom (dove like bird, though occupied by Apache OpenOffice; and
disliked by some)
* Speed/Improvement (fast birds)
* (Smart and not aggressive) Hunter (bird of prey, raptor)
* Intelligence (Weimeraner dog on G+ "good hunter and faithful pet but
requires lots of exercise")
* Openness
* Documents/Wisdom (Owl)
* Cuteness / Seven lives (Big? grumpy? kitten or puppy dog)
* Speed (Horse, though used by EuroOffice; and disliked by some)

That's a pretty good basis for skilled designers. Anything else?

--
Enio Gemmo - The Document Foundation
mob +39.348.5746390