Hi Mike, *,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Mike Saunders
<mike.saunders@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

I had a request to write up some tips and guidelines from my experience
making LibreOffice marketing videos, so here it is:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Video_how-to_guide

I'm still learning along the way, so if there's anything else

A note about the resolution/size: don't use regular screen size -
videos will likely be played in smaller resolution/embedded in website
and not fullscreen. So if you can read fine in 1080p monitor, doesn't
mean you can read it if the video is played back in 720p - so that
also should be kept in mind.

So if your desktop provides it, use a scaling factor to enlarge LO/the
icons/everything.

And if you're doing a video without a voice-over, make sure to add a
background soundtrack. Use youtube's music library or find a suitably
licensed song yourself. Don't upload completely silent videos :-)

use a lossles codec to record your screen if you have the diskspace available.
h264 is pretty efficient in lossless mode for mostly static content -
but what format to use also depends on what post-processing you want
to do.
But rather use a lower framerate than have a washed-out/blocky video
if your computer cannot keep up with the recording. you don't need
60fps for a screencast :-)

ciao
Christian