On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Danishka Navin <danishka@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Anivar,

Apart from localization efforts we are now working on building templates
for Public sector institutions (Eg. Forms used in Local self Governance
department etc) to promote actve adoption by considering Malayalam as a
pilot

What exactly you doing with building templates?

This programme will be for empowering the permanent employees of Local Self
Governance <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_panchayat> institutions in
Kerala  , those who have some working knowledge in any of the office
productivity suits like M$Office / Open/LibreOffice etc. Hopefully by the
end of the programme, we can make at least a quarter of them as power users
of LibreOffice

The template building is part of this training process We are in the
process of converting Sample forms which is needed for a Panchayath  office
functioning listed in
http://www.kilaonline.org/site_docu/2014/2014_HB_sandr_corrections.pdf
(from Page 99 onwards in Malayalam Language , official language of State of
Kerala, India) as libreoffice templates. We SMC <http://smc.org.in>, and Indic
Project <http://indicproject.org> have  conducted a workshops in september
26 2015. The project will resume in Feb 2016 with the involvement and
support of a Government institution , ICFOSS <http://icfoss.in>, by Govt of
Kerala

If this is succeeded we can scale up this experience to other Govt
departments as well.

Keep it up your good work!

Thank you

Cheers!