On 04/25/2013 10:15 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

If we are to expound the values of LibreOffice in the educational sphere
we need to list those values that really count. We already know of the
obvious ones of file compatibility etc., but we need to work on the
assets that really count to educational organizations.

Hi Marc, it looks like the situation is different, at least by
continent. In Europe, the decision is 99% political, and 1% based on
every other issue. This is true not only for the educational system but
also for governments, and this is the reason why proprietary software
vendors invest a huge amount of money on lobbying.

On the other hand, every point you mention would definitely increase the
competitive positioning of LibreOffice, so they are at least worth some
effort, with the exception of the LTS release issue, as our time based
release schedule has been - and continues to be - instrumental in
attracting new developers (which is one of the most important reasons of
our success so far).

--
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP 5316436@messagenet.it