On 2013-04-20 04:11, goldfish@aol.in wrote:
Could we please educate 'educational' institutions so that they have
more value, save money and hopeful give back to LO.

In many cases this doesn't matter, the people deciding are paid not to
choose free open source software (which includes LibreOffice).

Here in Quebec we have 4 Microsoft lobbyists at the government making
sure their software gets chosen in procurement. They also have a full
time "open source advocate" that goes to each and every programmer group
meeting and sits at their venues to provide free advice and Microsoft
development tools.

You will need to sit in the same place and be as present as those
companies like Microsoft with strong economical incentive to keep
Microsoft Office or other solutions in other to displace/replace them.

Of course grassroots advocacy is not without any effects.

In case that's not clear, a lot of money is involved, and lots of key
people are paid not to even examine the options to MS Office. That
remains the main obstacle in many places.

Cheers,

F.

--
Fabián Rodríguez