Hello,

I'd like to revisit the Facebook Ad project, and I'd like some feedback
on the approach.
Let me summarize how a Facebook Ad seems to work:
      * you base yourself on a Page (Product Page, Fan Page, etc.) and
        the ad will bring people who click on it on the page (This is
        not an online Ad leading you to www.libreoffice.org ! )
      * you set a maximum daily amount you want to spend: I suggest 30$
        for about one month, and then let's see where that takes us. I
        understand Facebook provides metrics, but if anyone knows more
        about this, please feel free to share/help.
      * you target an abstract population of Facebook users that has
        specific interests listed: we could go for the Computer/Software
        category, but perhaps there are better ideas around.
      * Finally the goal of this: While we of course love to have more
        people coming to our LibreOffice Page, the point is twofold:
        have more people download LibreOffice, and attract new
        contributors. The way Facebook ads works is not by pushing a
        banner or a sponsored link but  to insert their ads on the sides
        of the Facebook interface to a certain number of people leading
        them to our LibreOffice page, and from there on to us.
Feedback welcome, but please, if you are against Facebook, which I can
totally understand, do abstain: Facebook has about 1 billion profile and
we want to reach out to people.

Thanks!
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,