Hi Marc, *,

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
Le 09/03/13 06:46 PM, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :

It is much easier if instead the libreoffice channel would maintain
playlists and features selected videos.

This is what we should look at managing. However, after going a few videos
that were suggested and linked to on our lists, some are no longer available
as the sites no longer exist.

Ah, of course you're right - I somewhat assumed that the videos were
all hosted at youtube.

On youtube you can add subtitles in multiple languages and add
annotations, something that other video sites don't offer (or didn't
offer when I last looked), also it is available worldwide with no
performance issues, offers the videos in multiple resolutions at once
and their conversion is pretty good.

But as to uploading videos made by other people: I for myself will
only do that if I know the language of the video, know the topic (so I
could answer questions if there are some posted into the comments) and
when I agree with the content and the production quality (and only if
license allows it - and even then only if the original creator
agrees). Uploading one-off videos from others is OK, but if we're
talking about a series of videos by one person/team, then probably
they should create & manage their own YT channel and only have ours
have them in a playlist.

In the other thread you mentioned reputation - that of course is
important. So better don't flood the channel with a massive amount of
videos at once, but carefully review them and add them slowly.

ciao
Christian