Hi Christian,

Thanks for your comments to all I would agree except for ...

Le 09/03/13 06:46 PM, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :

It is much easier if instead the libreoffice channel would maintain
playlists and features selected videos.

This is what we should look at managing. However, after going a few videos that were suggested and linked to on our lists, some are no longer available as the sites no longer exist.

IMO, if we like a video, it would be easy for us to negotiate a transfer of video site from the originating site to our YouTube site so that the video is never lost. There are some good videos out there but some are hosted on people's personal sites, which may work at the time of posting but could easily disappear. We could then also negotiate a permissive license from the video's author.

It is not like we would do all the videos all at the same time. We could identify the more important videos that we would like to host and then prioritize the list and contact the video authors over a period of time. We could have a few TDF members assigned to work on this at their leisure.

Most video authors would have most likely posted their video on an official LibreOffice channel had they known that there was such a channel. Even more so now that we have a good public reputation.

But to start off, we need to gather the links.

This definitely won't hurt :-)

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Visual_Elements
[2] http://www.youtube.com/libreoffice

ciao