Le 07/03/13 11:03 PM, Marc Paré a écrit :
Hi Daniel,

Le 07/03/13 07:00 PM, Daniel A. Rodriguez a écrit :
The only "deadline" is getting it to the people who need brochures "now"
for their marketing needs.

If there are any changes made, or some that might make them better, I
have no problem with those edits and the time it takes.

I was making the brochures up for my needs and Marc helped there, but we
both seemed to thing that having new ones on the wiki pages that were not
made in 2011 would be helpful to our local marketers.

If you want to have the BoD to go over it and make changes, by all
means.

This process in ongoing and then maybe the local groups could add their
local needs to them.

I just was playing around with auto-hyphenation and left-justification,
instead of full-justification - on the letter size version.  Plus, I was
seeing what ti would be like to reduce the spacing between the icons and
the text.

If you have someone who can do the final touches to make it a little
better, well I would love to see it done and love to see the results
on the
wiki.

Take a look at these tweaked versions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wn78sjidk7c0v1o/Brochure-LO-4-A4.odt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k24duddm14fsgp8/Brochure-LO-4-Letter.odt

;-), regards

As this is a work-in-progress for the marketing team, let's decide on
some of the changes.

Daniel: Thanks for the new versions.

=======================

Re: panels 1 & 2 of the pamphlet suggested by Daniel:
The reason I prefer the version we worked on is that we put the
LibreOffice module descriptions found on panels 1 and 2 of the pamphlet
in a table. This made it easier to fit in the icons and also easier for
the translation/localization of that section without making it difficult
for other nl teams to work with.

Your version returns to the previous model, which to me makes the look
of the different module sections on panels 1 and 2 look different in
shape (one or two lines under the icon text wrapping).

IMO, we should try to help ease the possibility of translation of the
pamphlet if we can. Most nl teams are really small and may not have the
manpower or time to spend on tweaking the brochure. We can help with our
own type of "QA" by offering marketing materials that help nl teams easy
translation and dissemination of materials.

Do we keep the original version WITH the table setup?
Or go back to Daniel's version setup WITHOUT the table setup?

=======================

Re: Module title "text description":
I do like the text description next to the module titles, even if they
are unnecessary. It is like giving a short summary of the summary. Handy
for people who are looking for a specific item ... it gives them a quick
idea of what the component is all about. Good idea.

Do we adopt the text written next to the component titles as suggested
by Daniel?
Do we leave the titles there with no extra text?

* I just had a look and if we keep the "table" version of panels 1 & 2, there would be no space for the extra text. * -- Marc

REMINDER

NOTE that the pamphlet has the LibreOffice subline (TDF) at the top and
should not be used for community use. We will make up two new ones with
the same final text but without the subline.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré