I think we can argue all that we want about file compatibility and whether other groups are pushing for ODF. However, we need to make our own voices heard more at work, education and government. All of our "little" voices combined will eventually make a difference, even more than what we would get if Google were on side.

LibreOffice has become a huge project and eventually its influence will start making waves. If we keep improving our suite and moving into new markets such as India, Asia, Arabia, Africa Americas ... then we will have most regions converted.

Unfortunately, the US will be the most difficult to convert as MSO is firmly entrenched. We need to make a difference by getting all of the other geographic regions embrace LibreOffice and then ODF and the US market will have to eventually follow.

So, if you are in a geographic region where LibreOffice is under-represented, then help out with marketing in your region and spread the word about LibreOffice.

We are working on a LibreOffice pamphlet that should be ready sometime this week or next week. We will need translators for the pamphlet and then it is up to you to tell your local LibreOffice user know that the pamphlet is ready to spread. It doesn't matter whether it is printed in colour or in black and white.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré