As you know Google currently is not supporting Open Document Format
native in its services. Today i saw this article
http://www.muktware.com/4529/why-google-killing-open-document-formats#.UTYr7U44lHE.twitter
and remembered this issue.

This article explains the situation quite well. I don't know the
reason why Google does not support ODF, maybe it was discussed here
before. But i think we may try to push Google to support ODF.

I don't think there is a reasonable explanation for ignoring ODF and
supporting MS Office formats and forcing people to convert their ODF
to Google Docs format.

Btw for comparasion, -yes not Skydrive of course- Yandex company with
growing popularity in Turkey and Russia supports ODF in its Disk
service. It may be an example for good aproach to ODF.

What do you think about Google's positioning for ODF? Can we manage to
force/attract Google to support ODF? I've mentioned and asked
htps://twitter.com/cdibona about this matter but no replies yet

Best regards,
Zeki

- http://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2423485