On 2/14/13 12:18 AM, Jay Lozier wrote:

Interesting, if MS became aware that say few large city that currently
use MSO were considering LO they might make FUD attacks on LO. I do not
know exactly how the MS support agreements work (I would assume
something like $x / person for a years with option to renew) but non
renewal would be a very good indication someone is switching to
something else.

Only a few large MS Office users have support agreements, because they
already spend a large amount of money on licenses, but Microsoft visits
them at least twice a year to try to sell on top of licenses. They use
every opportunity to provide competitive marketing materials, and the
fact that several users do not want to speak about migrations is due to
the fact that they would immediately receive the visit of Microsoft
sales people, who - in some cases - would try to discredit the CIO with
his management because of the choice to use free software. Microsoft is
very effective, although they are losign grip with their market because
of their attitude.

--
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP 5316436@messagenet.it