Hi Jeff,

Le 2013-02-08 11:00, Jeff Fortin a écrit :
Hi folks!

With the excitement around the release of LibreOffice 4, I was curious
to know about past and future "enterprise" deployments of LibreOffice,
or, more broadly speaking, the market demand for a free and open source
office suite.

I'm looking for the answer to these questions:
- Which government institutions are deploying LOo or planning to do so?
- In the private sector, which companies are publicly known to use LOo?

You can find a lot of information of Italo's great summary of the past 2 years of our growth as well as adoption in large firms on our blog [http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2012/12/26/tdf-in-2012-a-summary/]

Ideally we should at least have some ballpark economic figures to go
along with those.

Not sure what you mean?

So far, I didn't see anything related to that in
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing or
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Deployment_and_Migration

Yup, see below.

Wikipedia has pretty much nothing except the French giving out USB keys
of LOo. The only other mention I could find is one obscure sentence in
http://www.h-online.com/open/features/LibreOffice-a-dive-into-the-unknown-1355159.html saying that it has
been deployed for a "hospital workforce of 25,000 in Denmark". In contrast, the story around
OpenOffice is more complete and impressive to the unsuspecting reader:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openoffice#Market_penetration

So, do you folks have insights on the questions above?
(and if so, we should probably centralize this knowledge on a wiki page.
Alternatively, I could update Wikipedia with relevant links you may
suggest)

You just mentioned our wiki page where we are centralizing this information [https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Deployment_and_Migration]. Then it is a matter of better formatting this page and adding to it.

If you want to give it more prominence on the marketing section, then we could add it to the Marketing menu bar for easy access.

Do you have editing rights on Wikipedia? That would be great!

Best regards,
Jean-François

Cheers,

Marc