Hi Jeff

I would like to comment on this particular passage in your message.

Le 2013-02-08 11:00, Jeff Fortin a écrit :
Although I'm a huge fan of LibreOffice, I'm also curious to know - to
the extent of what is known - about the same data regarding OpenOffice
(given how entrenched it has been as a trademark in the last decade or
so). Marketing-wise, we can't afford to underestimate the power of that
brand, although we are slowly eroding it. Thus, if we can, we should
also document OpenOffice's recent marketing successes in comparison to
ours.

IMO, we should not spend any time regarding data about OpenOffice. As far as I am concerned, and this is my opinion, OpenOffice days are now past and LibreOffice has taken over. If there are large deployments, most IT people who would consider OpenOffice at this point will be looking at LibreOffice. I cannot imagine how IT staff could justify going with a project with few devs rather than one with 500+ devs!!!

Then "entrenchment" of OpenOffice has disappeared and is should no longer be a consideration for our group.

Let's look forward, and let all the others try to keep up to us.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré