Hi Jean,

Thanks for you comments on these. (No other comments follow below.)

Cheers,

Marc

Le 2013-02-06 13:05, Jean Weber a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>  wrote:
Hi Jean and Fabian

Le 2013-02-06 01:17, Jean Weber a écrit :

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Jean Weber<jeanweber@gmail.com>   wrote:

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Fabian Rodriguez
<magicfab@member.fsf.org>   wrote:

On 13-02-05 11:13 PM, Jean Weber wrote:

This is a great idea. If people want to buy sample copies of LO user
guides to donate to a library, they can contact
info@friendsofopendocument.com to request them at the wholesale price,
saving a few dollars. Please provide info on which libraries you
intend to give them to. We can't promise to honour every request, but
it's worth asking. Note: the wholesale price is only for sample
copies, not purchases by libraries or their customers.

At least in Canada most libraries won't take such donations unless
there's an ISSN / ISBN number on the publication. Is there one?

Yes, our books have ISBN.

--Jean

Correction: all except the Math Guide.

Jean: Thanks for this generous offer. It is really kind of you and of
ODFAuthors go give us the option of this generous discount.

This offer comes from Friends of OpenDocument, the publisher and
distributor of the printed and eBook copies.

I imagine the sample copies of LO are complete guides with no missing pages?
And would this be for a complete "Sample copy" of all the guides or would it
be for just one "Sample copy"? Would the word SAMPLE be stamped on the
pages/cover or anywhere on/in the guide book(s) -- this may make a
difference to the library where they are sent to.

Copies are identical to those anyone can buy from Lulu.com: complete,
with no overprinting of SAMPLE or anything else. Whether we provide
only the Getting Started guide or any/all of the other guides is
negotiable with whoever makes the request.

Is the math guide getting its ISBN? The Math guide would be an important
book to have in the collection.

I can give the Math Guide an ISBN.

Also, just to be clear to everyone, Jean, are you saying the guides would be
sent directly to the Libraries and not the user requesting the guides at
wholesale rate costs? This to me would make sense, as it would remove any
temptation for any abuse of purchase.

I could send directly to the Library or to the user making the
request. However, I cannot include a cover letter (Lulu.com does the
distribution), so it might be better to send to an individual who can
then take to the Library or add a cover letter and then send. Again,
negotiable.

--Jean

--
Marc Paré