Hi Jean and Fabian

Le 2013-02-06 01:17, Jean Weber a écrit :
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Jean Weber<jeanweber@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Fabian Rodriguez
<magicfab@member.fsf.org>  wrote:
On 13-02-05 11:13 PM, Jean Weber wrote:
This is a great idea. If people want to buy sample copies of LO user
guides to donate to a library, they can contact
info@friendsofopendocument.com to request them at the wholesale price,
saving a few dollars. Please provide info on which libraries you
intend to give them to. We can't promise to honour every request, but
it's worth asking. Note: the wholesale price is only for sample
copies, not purchases by libraries or their customers.
At least in Canada most libraries won't take such donations unless
there's an ISSN / ISBN number on the publication. Is there one?

Yes, our books have ISBN.

--Jean

Correction: all except the Math Guide.

Jean: Thanks for this generous offer. It is really kind of you and of ODFAuthors go give us the option of this generous discount.

I imagine the sample copies of LO are complete guides with no missing pages? And would this be for a complete "Sample copy" of all the guides or would it be for just one "Sample copy"? Would the word SAMPLE be stamped on the pages/cover or anywhere on/in the guide book(s) -- this may make a difference to the library where they are sent to.

ALSO be aware that some/many Libraries will not put just any book(s) on their stacks unless it has either been approved by the library acquisition librarian, or if there has been some public demand for (in our case) LibreOffice guides.

(For example, my school board operates 51 libraries, some small/others quite large, sample texts arrive weekly to the libraries and most often are not put on the stacks but are either left on a shelf for later disposal or distributed to teachers who think may use them, BUT only after being vetted by the head librarian to make sure the texts follow school board teaching philosophies and programme expectations. If the texts do not follow programme expectations, then they are not accepted for library use. In our case, the LibreOffice guides fit in well but still must go through internal vetting approval process. The more well-known are guides the shorter the vetting process.)

Is the math guide getting its ISBN? The Math guide would be an important book to have in the collection.

Also, just to be clear to everyone, Jean, are you saying the guides would be sent directly to the Libraries and not the user requesting the guides at wholesale rate costs? This to me would make sense, as it would remove any temptation for any abuse of purchase.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré