Hello Marc,

Live from FOSDEM...

"Marc Paré" <marc@marcpare.com> a écrit :

Just getting back to this. How are we doing?

Le 2013-01-28 12:10, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
Le lundi 28 janvier 2013 à 11:59 -0500, Marc Paré a écrit :
Le 2013-01-26 12:18, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
Hello,

As discussed during our various calls we have three layers of
messaging
(aside nice graphical elements):
*  the PR itself, announcing the release
*  the features page, directly based on the release notes on the
wiki
*  between 5 to 10 meta-features to be used as main elements for
anyone
    checking out what the 4.0 is about. Basically these "meta -
features"
    are pretty much the coolest features we have picked out of the
    release, and turn them not into specific and well described
features,
    but rather solutions or ideas. We (a small group of active
marketing
    team members) opened a wiki page, gathered what we thought were
the
    top features (and before you ask, this IS subjective) and turn
them
    into specific phrases, ideas, soundbites for the release.

You can see the result there:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/40Messaging
(aka Top Features) and we would like your input. Don't write ten
more
features or ten different features, just tell us if you feel
there's
something missing, or something sounds bad, or that we must have a
hole
in our heads for not having picked this or that feature.

Once this is done, we're shipping this as "prime content" to the
website team, and it will go to the 4.0 landing page. The deadline
is
Monday 5 pm CET.

Thanks,

Charles: At this point, is there anything else that you need for
this page?

I don't think so. In terms of material we need:
- the final visual elements (splashscreens, etc.)

-- splashscreen has been rescheduled for one of the next update to
v.4.0
perhaps v4.1

- screenshots

-- are the screenshots from the v.4.0 sufficient enough? Why do we need

these for the marketing team?

- one video

-- CMIS video by Leig -- done! Good job too! Thanks Leif!!!!

- the website (well under way at least for the temporary homepage).

-- we still need to see a newere update, preferably on the staging
site.
Some members (Michael Meeks) would like to see if before the release
date, and on the staging site if possible.

I am here with the french website team and they are supposed to get the rights from Erich.

- the slogan (private marketing list)

-- slogan done and will appear on the release date.

- the features page

-- features page is done for EN. The DE, FR, ES teams are hard at work
and will probably have theirs done by the release date. Not sure about
the PT-BR team (Eliane ???), I have not heard of any other teams who
are
working to have their features page ready by the release date (the dev
release date says it will be Feb 6 BUT this is only if the latest
versions are good, not sure yet if the latest is good ... Tim submitted

a problem with printers not showing up in the printer list on Win
version. Doh!

Side items such as interviews are on a separate track.

-- interviews -- not sure if the release date interviews will be ready?

Charles

When we have the visual elements, the slogan I'll pack them up with
the
text (see my previous mail) of the meta features and the website team
will use them for the new pages.

Best,

Charles.

Are there any other items that we should work on?

At this stage we are entering the integration of all the elements.

Best,
Charles.
Marc