Hi :)
Many reasons have been given to this oft asked question on all lists.

LibreOffice and other OpenSource programs tend to get better results much faster for much less
training.  MS Office documents get all messed up with font changes and all sorts.  With LibreOffice
and other non-MS ofice programs you start to notice a big increase in quality fairly quickly for
less effort.

Regards from
Tom :)