Am 19.01.2013 20:56, schrieb Paolo Debortoli:
Il 19/01/2013 19:54, Dennis Roczek ha scritto:
Hello mailinglist!
this is my first here, so bear with me if I'm doing something wrong. I
was writing with Florian Effenberger and he wanted me to post here my
idea.

I'm rather active at the English Wikipedia and they have there a so
called 'Bounty Board'. [1]

On that wikipage everybody is able to post his wish which article should
be improved to a certain
quality level or that an article is created for a reward. The rewards
look different. The most chosed rewards are:

* a donation to the Wikimedia Foundation (which is the foundation behind
Wikipedia),
* a 'donation' to the improver,
* an improvement to any other article (often bounded to a genre).

it's nice, yes.  some people have been talking until now about some
ideas proposed such as a libreoffice 'brainstorming'  or  'easy
hack'    (done on website or on google pages or facebbok), such as
done by AOO or the ubuntu community. Many things are feasible; maybe
the main problem is finding a number of people interested in.

I think this system would also work for LibreOffice. I know that at
least some users would pay money if a particular bug is resolved or any
wished improvements are made.

it's possible, yes, but I am not sure. for sure it would increase
partecipation. rewards could be made in different ways (eg a prize for
the most voted or innovative improvements).  another possible option
could be something like (involving universities) giving students
prizes for dissertations or thesis one the topics needed by the
foundation (marketing subjects or technical solutions).

That sounds also very interesting. The Wikimedia Foundation has their
hands in many universities and is helping some students to get their
thesis working. (e.g. with special rights like the researcher right to
increase the API limit from 50 to 500) I guess setting up a page with
tasks and a contact person similar to the Google of Summer Code is
easily achieved - although for that kind of stuff a simple Wiki page is
enough.

I see the need and I understand that there are limited resources, but I
still think that a easy and handy formular and overview page would some
newly / potential developers get into the project simply because they
want to earn some additional money.

Dennis Roczek