Le 2012-10-14 10:31, Marc Paré a écrit :
Establish a small fund for direct advertising in strategic media in a
region of the world where there is an identified lack of use of the
LibreOffice suite.

For example, in Canada, there is an annual conference "Teaching and
Learning Innovations Conference"[1] where a $50 advertisement in their
programme may prove to be more advantageous in promoting the suite for
educational use. Many of the top educators in Canada meet at this
conference.

We could propose a certain amount of money be put aside for direct
advertisement for identified regions. So, expanding on this, Canada
would perhaps get 3x$50 (if this is the maximum cost of advert we would
estimate as appropriate). Then we could leave it up to the Canadian
leads to decide whether to publish 3 separate ads or if they think more
appropriate to spend 1x$150 instead.

Large identified regions such as the US, would be divided up into
regions (yes, I know, back to the marcon/lead thingy), given an
allotment of direct ad money.

The advertising would be reviewed after a 2-year trial where download
data would try to identify any growth in download or in marketing where
any increase of "buzz" of the LibO suite could be directly attributed to
the small advertising campaign. We would have to keep it as factual as
possible. It could be decided then whether to continue direct ads in one
region or another.

To be efficient, we would have to identify specific regions where we
think this could work.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] http://www.tss.uoguelph.ca/tli/index.html

I am updating the Funding Priorities wiki page and will include this item.

Marc

--
Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com