I might be available for handling this, but I would like to understand
if a simple session is enough or we should apply for a workshop, or a
session plus a workshop (which could be in another location).

I think a simple session is enough.

LinuxCon (not only Japan, also EU, NA and Brasil) is "technical" event
but most of attendees are "Linux" developers, they are not familiar
about desktop world technically.
Because the event is "marketing" opportunity for us.

So they might have interest success stories of our project, MSO migrate
examples, eco systems, why most of Linux distros stands our side, ...

For example, the session "The state of the project" in LibOCon is good,
but need to update and little modification for "outside" of LibreOffice
community people.  It's just an idea, you can choose another theme.

I will also write
Jennifer Cloer to understand which are the options.

Yes, it's good idea.

Thanks,
--
Naruhiko Ogasawara (naruoga@gmail.com)