On 12/21/2012 12:24 PM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Naruhiko-San,

I'm putting Kohei Yoshida in cc of this message. We need the support
with the japanese community for that.

Best,

Charles.

Le samedi 22 décembre 2012 à 02:01 +0900, Naruhiko Ogasawara a écrit :
Hi -marketing listmates,

LinuxCon Japan 2013[1], one of the most biggest Asia international
Linux / FLOSS event by The Linux Foundation, looking for speakers[2].

So, I had a chat with Narukiho-san, and the bottom line is that:

1) since this is a marketing event, it's better to have someone from the marketing do the talk, rather than someone who is more technically oriented (like me).

2) despite it being hosted in Japan, the event itself is a English-speaking event, where all talks are required to be conducted in English. So, there is less advantage for a Japanese speaker giving a talk. And since I'm not located in Japan, there is no saving on traveling cost.

Given these, we both feel that it's probably more appropriate if someone from the marketing team can consider attending the event (if budget and time allow).

Kohei

P.S. Since I'm not on this list, please CC me if you need me involved on this thread. Thanks.

--
Kohei Yoshida, SUSE, Inc.